Advantage of Verification?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by VK4AQJ, Feb 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VK4AQJ

VK4AQJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just noticed Verification and 2 factor authentication. I didn't notice it when I renewed last year.

Will LOTW or eQSL accept QSOs when you have verification? The main question is WIIFM. What is the benefit?

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

There are no changes in confirmation policies.

3. VK4AQJ

Thank you. So there is no benefit.

NE5U likes this.
  4. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

2 step verification has nothing to do with logging. It is a much more secure method of logging onto QRZ. It will most certainly make your QRZ account secure.

5. VK4AQJ

So sending a facsimile of a document will make my account more secure?

If anybody can guess my password, good luck to them. It's secure enough for me as it is. It's not exactly a bank account they'd be hacking into.

NE5U likes this.
  6. NE5U

NE5U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's also a pain in the neck to deal with. I liked QRZ a whole lot better before I dove into the "Get Verified" abyss. Apparently every computer I own and 4 different browsers are all faulty so I can't use LOTW (N3FJP logging software took my P12 file just fine) to verify on QRZ. But there's always the option of sending my personal information (government ID) to the site. News flash - that ain't happening

7. VK4AQJ

Don't get me wrong. The QRZ site is much better than LOTW. For one thing QRZ is a true logbook. One of the reasons I like QRZ is that I can upload to LOTW without the pain of buggy executable applications. As a Linux user, it saves a lot of trouble.

I just hope that QRZ never gets as super anal about security as LOTW.

8. W4RFT

W4RFT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How do you log from QRZ log to LOTW ? Maybe thru a ADIF file, or can you do it direct from QRZ? I am registered, but lost!!

9. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Open your logbook
    Click on SETTINGS the find LoTW ACCESS and click on SETUP