ad: vanity

Active Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
  1. WE6A

WE6A Ham Member QRZ Page

I too were just scammed by fraudulent David Davidson identify theft.
    Money was sent to a third party in the UK.

Stopped payment via credit card and PayPal.

We be scammed... Duh...

2. W6WUH

W6WUH Ham Member QRZ Page

When you notice mis-use of English words.. like "advent" for british "advert"
    and the layout is clearly a paste up.. these are clues to delete and forget.

Who cares if some putz sent out 5 anything.. what has that got to do with
    your selling something... another clue.. this is a clueless Nigerian.

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I just reported the scammers email address to google. Hopefully, they'll kill his account. Others should do the same.

4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

What is it about Nigeria that it makes it like the scamming capital of the world? Does anyone know why so much of the scamming comes from Nigeria? Is it cause their government is so corrupt that they just don't care that there people do it? Any ideas?

John, WB0MPB

5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Corrupt government collusion is the single biggest cause - they get kickbacks for "looking the other way"

Good story on the topic here: https://www.quora.com/Why-do-so-many-wire-fraud-scams-originate-in-Nigeria

Dave
    W7UUU

7. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

8. W4POO

W4POO Ham Member QRZ Page

hey , Frank was it about a icom- 7300 add ? if so I got it also the name was David a Davidson ?....here is W4POO also Frank

9. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Since email addresses for these scammers are known (sometimes, anyway) *someone* ought to really sign them up for every possible bit of pr0n spam possible, the weirder the better, so they have to wade through all of it to even attempt to run their scam.

Well it would probably just cause them to abandon it for another address and not miss a beat. Pity, though, as it was an appealing thought.

10. N5MJ

N5MJ QRZ Lifetime Member Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So, if KA8TBW's QRZ account has been compromised, why isn't it removed/locked until such time as the real David Davidson can call to validate? How many scam reports involving this call are required before any action is taken?

Since the email accounts associated with KA8TBW are also suspect, I just mailed a courtesy QSL to KA8TBW's mailing address, and advised him to try and change his QRZ password... fifty cents to help another ham out. Come on folks, it ain't that much. If you were the victim, wouldn't you want to know?

I'd suggest QRZ.com implement a process for egregious "offenders"... not only to protect the unsuspecting buyer, but the unknowing victim of the identity theft.