ad: elecraft

About killers you have encountered.

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by AC4BB, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

After Seeing the story and the numerous accounts of the psychiatrist that opened fired at Ft.Hood, I'm reminded of a person whom I met back in early1986.
    I struck up a semi-nightly CW schedule with a gentleman named Patrick Sherill. Who's call sign was N5PS. I guess that was Initials for "Patrick Sherill.? I came to find out that Patrick, was also a mail carrier for the U.S. postal service in Edmond,Oklahoma. So. I guess that was "Postal service.? In mid 1986, Patrick,unexpectedly, began failing to show up for our sked's. And,after seeing a news story about a postal shooting in Edmond,Oklahoma.
    The Story began giving details about the victims and the shooter. The shooter was identified as "Patrick Sherill," An expert marksman who was part of the OK National Guard pistol team. He murdered 14 People and committed suicide. I recall Patrick,telling me about the shooting team.
    One of the People he shot and killed was the grandson of Knute Rockne.
    The wheels in my head began to turn remembering "Patrick Sherill, and a quick perusal of my log book seemed to click that it was indeed "N5PS" that had "Gone Postal." I saw very briefly on the news footage what looked like a"Tri -Bander" at his home.
    The term "Gone Postal" was coined after N5PS, went on a killing rampage for the events that happened that day.
    Something to think about.

http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/hammer/73/sherill.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,962158,00.html

There again, It describes unquestionably why mentally unstable people and firearms do not mix.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  2. NA4BH

NA4BH Ham Member QRZ Page

I had three killers at my house this past weekend. They killed 4 cases of beer, half of a keg, and about 10 pounds of Winn-Dixie's finest rib eye steaks. Not to mention the wings and ribs and other stuff. SAVAGES !!!!!!! :D

3. N3XP

N3XP Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked at a Juvenile detention center. So, I have had dealings with at least 6 people, who as adults were charged and convicted with a total of 9 killings. I lost count of the ones that, as adults, met an early unnatural death.

Worse yet, is all the kids in a detention center for sex crimes. Never on a list, all records sealed, living and walking among us. That is the really scary part. Half the kids in the place where there for sex crimes.

4. WA6ITF

WA6ITF Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked 30 years in TV news and retired last Fri Oct 30th. In those years I have literally seen it all.

I still get chills from some of the stuff. The worst are when kids are abducted and later found murdered -- usually having either been tortured or sexually abused -- or both.

I often wonder how I survived it myself but a long time ago I took the advice of a longtime street reporter who told me that you must detach yourself from the story. You have to look at it as cold fact -- even if your job is just sitting in the live truck or editing a story with a reporter. -- ITF

5. N4CYA

N4CYA MODERATOR / DX HELPER MANAGER QRZ Page

My father worked as a assistant head of security for a major hospital for sick children his team and himself was working on a case that was under going watch on the security cameras in one of the childrens rooms and the mother of the baby was caught in the act on security camera trying to stuff a towel soaked full of poison and try to kill the child and security just arrived in time with the doctors and nurses basically the child's father was released out of prison for attempted murder and he arrived at the hospital my father had to talk since to the guy about what hes doing wrong showing up trying to kill his ex wife and her new guy? After a few hours the child was pronounced dead from the poison that made in to the body. The mother was taken in to custody for murder and same with her new guy for helping.

6. W6VPS

W6VPS Ham Member QRZ Page

There are 16 killers on Califronia's death row sentenced from the county in which I live.
    I had occasion to have to deal with 11 of the 16 in my career as a Correctional Officer. Some were stone cold killers and a few were killers who seemed to be pretty nice guys and made you wonder why on earth they committed their crimes. But every signle one of them was scary to some degree...some of them of course, more so than others. Most were locall schmucks who killed someone..but a few were infamous enough to gain national noteriety for their crimes...among them Dana Ewell who arranged for the murder of his mother, father and sister in the hopes of having the family fortune all to himself. Stone cold dude...enjoy your time in prison Dana.

Paul/W6VPS

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  7. K9ZMD

K9ZMD Subscriber QRZ Page

The Victim Was Too Tough (and/or Lucky)

As an investigator at a USAF base over 30 years ago, I regularly went to the finance office to do lengthy record reviews. The young finance clerk who was normally assigned to assist me was very helpful. Quick and smart, he was always willing to put in extra effort to get the job done. Two years after I was reassigned, that helpful clerk bludgeoned, stabbed, and left another airman for dead in an off-base storage unit. The victim woke up and attracted attention by forcing his bloody hand out beneath the roll-up door. Seems that the clerk had been the brains, inside man, and recruiter for a fraudulent pay ring, and he suspected the victim of being an informant. While not true up to that point, it sure came to pass once the victim recovered enough to talk.

8. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did that guy mention anything about being P.Oed at anyone at his job?

I went to school with a guy that had a shoot out with police. I think he hit an officer, but not sure now. My friend Tony's cousin poisened his wife and killed her. And one of Tony's good friends brother is in prision for the rest of his life for shooting someone. It makes it where I don't want to be friends with anyone because most people now daze are more nuts than they were years ago when most everyone was normal

9. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member QRZ Page

nobody kills like governments do

10. W7KKK

W7KKK Ham Member QRZ Page

You have that correct!
    Just ask anyone that's been in the military during a combat era!

11. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

I did an EMS standby for a guy that was locked in his house with a rifle threatening to kill everyone and himself. Shots were fired, I took cover under a squad car. Turns out the shots were one of the officers trying to shoot out a street lamp. In any event, the dispatcher talked the guy down via the phone and he gave himself up. About a year later his mentalepsy kicked in again and he beat some poor woman to death with an ashtray. If I recall correctly he was found competent to stand trial and is now spending the rest of his life at a State rest and relaxation facility.

12. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member QRZ Page

2 of the 3 killers I have known were the only people I have met who were actual, factual "motherfloggers".

the third had in identical twin brother. eyewitness pointed at the wrong brother. case dismissed.

13. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

There was a family that lived across the street from my parent's house in northwestern Indiana that had a couple of really "shifty" kids. The eldest girl stole a baseball glove from my father and when the girl was caught her mother stood out in the yard and yelled at my father for a couple of hours because her daughter had been "caught".

Then the mother called the police on me and a friend of mine (we were like 11 or 12 at the time), we had BB guns, allegedly claiming that we were shooting all the birds in the neighborhood. However, when the police investigated it was her son who was shooting inside the city limits and killing all the birds. The last time that I heard of the son he was serving a life sentence in Colorado for murder.

By the way, when I was 5 or 6 the same son (he was 10 or 11) was shooting a bow and arrow and hit me in the mouth. A couple of inches higher I might have lost an eye. Real nice kid!

Glen, K9STH

14. WS2L

WS2L Guest

I know thousands of killers ..... Yup THOUSANDS.

Then again I was a Corrections Lieutenant at Rahway State Prison, They call it East Jersey SP but it will always be Rahway to me.

15. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Guess I would fall into the MASS MURDERER category!!!

Look at all the BLACK WIDOW SPIDERS I have stomped on!!!!

I AM A COLD BLOODED, HEARTLESS KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!

16. KA7O

KA7O Ham Member QRZ Page

Had an encounter with a viscous killer when I was young. One that if he don't kill you, usually leaves you brain damaged, deaf or something.

Some how I got out of that one 'clean' - no idea how as I was only 3 years old.

Viral spinal meningitis.

Get the shots - watch your blood pressures and sugars. There are a LOT of 'unseen' killers out there taking our buds away from us and their families every day.

17. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I got that too. Dr. said I was saved by Penicillin, and was one of the first civilians to obtain it. Most was going to the military back then.
    But I survived and now I am Ok. I am Ok. I am Ok. I am Ok. (No obvious comments please).

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

18. W9JEF

W9JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Any 'killer' you encounter nowadays is that
    what they can slip past the border patrol.

^-^
    @ @
    \_/

19. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

My younger sister had that too. I've long suspected it as the source of all the stupid things she does.

20. KB9LXP

KB9LXP Ham Member QRZ Page

A girl I dated once in high School married a killer and didn't know it until a cold case in our area opened up. The killer mentioned to a friend he had an episode with a girl one night that went wrong. The informant told his buddy, a sheriff detective what he heard, next thing you know, the body was exhumed, and new tests.
    Happened in 1975, poor guy came home from 2nd shift work to find his bride laying dead on the kitchen floor. his 2 year old son laying in the crib sleeping. He went through H##L, everyone accused him of doing it, but he had a solid Alliby.
    Turns out his drinking buddy did the deed, he had a crush on her, things went wrong....
    I sure hope the guy that lost his wife finely gets a life back now:(
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.