A5A BHUTAN DXPEDITION: Need Your Input!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KL2A, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KL2A

KL2A Ham Member QRZ Page

Announcing a DXpedition to A5, Bhutan

The FGC DX Group (*Foundation for Global Children) is pleased to announce our next multi-national DXpedition to Bhutan, callsign A5A. We will begin operations by May 24, 2012 and will run until June 6th. We will activate 80-6m including the WARC bands using modes: SSB, CW, and RTTY.

The team is expected to consist of: JH1AJT, JJ1LIB, ZL1GO, VR2KF, and KL2A.

QSL VIA JH1AJT

SURVEY OF NEED: http://bhutan2012.com/survey.php

Please tell us what band/mode you need A5, Bhutan to help us gauge the proper need.

Thank you,

A5A Team Member (Jon, KL2A)

2. WA4FNG

WA4FNG Ham Member QRZ Page

A5a - bhutan dxpedition info!

Here is the link: http://bhutan2012.com/

Should be QRV on Thursday, May 24th until June 6. Their website says they will try to take advantage of all openings to NA. Let's hope we have some propagation help with this one.

73 GL -Milt

3. N8ODF

N8ODF Ham Member QRZ Page

If you could find sometime to work the General Band-plan it would be greatly appreciated...be safe & enjoy your trip...will be listening...73

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Look for WEST COAST too!

5. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Start with Zero's sometime and not leave till last LOL.

6. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

The propagation gods were good last night and there was a nice opening on 17. I was able to work them with 100w and a dipole in about 20-30 mins. Propagation to here held at least another 60-90 mins before I couldn't make out A5A anymore. That was one I was certainly not expecting to work. :cool:

7. N0AZZ

A5A QSO's

How many have worked them so far and on what bands and modes?

So far I only have them on 1 band and mode 17m SSB and then I had at best a 5/3 copy on the roll up. He gave me a 5/8 using my FT-5000 and 1kw.

That is a hard part of the world to work for me anyway the other ops that were there I never heard them a single time. Good luck to all that need this one it was new for me.

8. N0AZZ

I also worked them on the 26th on 17m SSB.

9. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I have only heard them reliably on 17ssb. Problem is, I don't have an antenna that will work on 17 very well. Diversify as I always say.

They have barely been ESP on 15 for me both CW and SSB.

Either propagation improves for one of the bands I can work, or I miss this one.

Brad

10. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't even heard them :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.