A new look for Windows 10 Start menu

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by W9GB, Jul 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KX4OM

KX4OM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm running Windows10 Pro Winver 1809 and I removed all of the default click-bait panels on my start menu. Right-click, "Unpin from Start" for each one. All I have is an alphabetical list, which I almost never use. I like desktop icons that I can move and group where I want them.

Ted, KX4OM

Attached Files:

2. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

so I installed open shell, other than screen colors, it looks like win7 again
    tried to "registry out" live tiles but that didnt work, no gpedit.msc cuz' its win10 home edition
    is there a way to turn off ipad mode, I'm guessing not in home edition.
    If I had a way of reimaging my win7 from the dell laptop to the newer HP without a tweaking nightmare I would but
    will lilkely install mint on it, its been on 2 other laptops for a few years now.
    I'd completely switch to linux if I could get RS-BA1's linux ports firgured out for remoting into my 9100, use sat32pc and a get decent cad program. Librecad is close but its no acad
    I'll wait for the fall & winter to do the heavy thinking, too much antenna work and pool tyme for now

anyway my VIC20 is easier on the eyes than win10
    ... come to think of it so was my COSMAC1802 :D:D

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, that took about 10 minutes to fix. I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1903 and I removed all of those flashing tiles years ago, when I first bought this laptop. While 90 percent of what I use regularly is in the task bar or on desktop, I added my own categories and tiles.

My laptop has the touch screen enabled. I don't use it very often, because I don't like finger prints all over my screen, but it seems to work just fine.

5. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been using Classic Shell, since Windows 8.1
    http://www.classicshell.net/

FC340A3A-5B42-4C77-B95C-E97E0FB1072B.png

NK2U likes this.
  6. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I checked out the new Open Shell site but do not see where you can download any new versions. Is this still a project in development?

de NK2U

7. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Latest version (release), on Classic Shell web site, still works with latest Win10 update.

8. G4COE

G4COE Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonder who designs all these colour schemes and gives the thumbs up.... one of these day's yal all be waking up and seeing baby pink on ya puter.

Dave

9. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I still miss Win 95SE.
    I bought it and put on every computer I had at the time ..... even ran on an old 386 clunker!

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I never seen Win 95SE only Chicago.

Win 98SE was the bomb.