ad: Sussex-1

A New Chance for Storming: Solar Storm Forecast 05-17-2018

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, May 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

A New Chance for Storming: Solar Storm Forecast 05-17-2018

IW3ILM, KK0DJ, KC3IGJ and 4 others like this.
  2. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

#ImNotWilbanks

KK0DJ likes this.
  3. W1CAM

W1CAM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tnx for sharing this. Seemed to be missing for several weeks. Great info for any ham!

RA3DA likes this.
  4. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

See...SEE!?!...Missing the forecasts...and we get crappy band conditions :oops: From *my* operating position, I am still making contacts and slowly working towards DXCC and WAS...in some of the most unforgiving conditions. :D 73 and see all y'all OTA! Carl de NØCEL

K5VZD and W5BIB like this.
  5. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep,... there's still 'stuff' to be worked !! Just tonight (0131z) I worked SV2/RW3AL / Gene, in Greece, on 10104 running just 15 watts into a 40 meter dipole up about 15 feet !!! At the time, DX SUMMIT VOACAP Predictions showed a 40 to 50% from the Alabama Gulf Coast. We were both 449. :) A great sense of accomplishment even after over 57 years of CW only.

Ya gotta love it !!!

Steve / W5BIB

K2PCG, W1YW, K5VZD and 1 other person like this.
  6. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, bad conditions, flux below 70, QRP and wire antennas....separates the men from the boys.

KE5ES, N4GNO/SK2022 and N0CEL like this.
  7. KG3I

KG3I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes totally agree.

There was a time many, many years ago that guys got on and called "CQ" and actually ended up working all sorts of stations during all phases of the cycle.

Today, all these guys sit back and watch the clusters and their computers screens and guess what?? there is no activity!!!!

You got to get some RF back in the air and stop waiting for the other guy to do it.

Have fun!!

Doug KG3i

KD9IZY, VK2MWK, 2E0WMG and 4 others like this.
  8. KK6CX

KK6CX Ham Member QRZ Page

Strange how that works...bands are dead as doornails until a major worldwide contest date and then all of a sudden there are signals everywhere.

KD9IZY and KG5THG like this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I call CQ daily.

You should too.

10. W8BBM

W8BBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Rarely can I NOT make a CW contact. Call CQ and things happen even when the bands sound dead!

W8BBM

11. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

there will be a day, soon enough, when all of the solar panels facing the sun will be smoked by a strong solar ejaculation; hang on California. Just think of the landfill needs for tons of useless solar panels.