A man's word

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KM9CQ, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KM9CQ

KM9CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill N1NPQ made a deal with me for a piece of gear I listed here. After several back and forth phone calls and sending him a photo of the original receipt for the item and lowering the price the deal was done. The very next day he called me up to tell me he did not have enough money to buy the amp ! Guess a man's word don't mean anything these days.

2. W2AI

W2AI Ham Member QRZ Page

He was being honest with you.....At the very last minute he realized he did not have sufficient funds for the purchase. Sometimes that happens when you're talking about a high priced, cash up front item.

N3AB and N6QIC like this.
  3. KM9CQ

KM9CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Dont you think a man would know whether or not he has the money before he tries to negotiate a deal for anything he wishes to buy ! Iam 61 years old and was taught not to do Stuff like that.

4. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

KM9CQ:

Did you price the amp WITH or WITHOUT shipping?

Maybe after he found out the price with shipping, the TOTAL was too much.

Believe me: proper packing & shipping can kill a lot of deals.

N3AB likes this.
  5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Would it have been better if he would have just ignored you and never answered you again rather than tell you that he had changed his mind. I don't se that he did anything wrong except be honest with you.

W3LES and N3AB like this.
  6. N3AB

N3AB Ham Member QRZ Page

Kirk,

I understand your disappointment in losing the sale, but you will find another buyer.

Take some advice from someone who almost became a silent key due to an aortic aneurysm.....don't sweat the small stuff. It's not worth it. There's more important things in life. Step back, forget it, and enjoy the upcoming Holidays.

Good luck with your sale.

73, John N3AB (64 years on this earth so far)

AF7XT, N6QIC, KD5IKX and 2 others like this.
  7. N1UXA

N1UXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly! Very well put........

N6QIC and N3AB like this.