A Bright Region Fizzles & A Dark Hole Looms: Solar Storm Forecast 04-05-2018

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Apr 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

That's why this is called "narrowcast". Opposite of a broadcast. It appeals to a very narrow niche of people. Here's an idea... don't watch and don't comment. Problem solved.

N7ZV likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Except its not "narrowcast".

Its "Amateur Radio News".

Sure! Make it narrowcast. FB.

Or just spin the knob if you disagree with someone's comments.

3. VE7DXW

VE7DXW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

CONDITIONS ARE POOR IF YOU DO VOICE, BUT TRY CW OR THE DIGITAL MODES AND YOU WILL BE AMAZED HOW WELL THEY PROPAGATE.
    ALL THE BEST AND 73;

ALEX - VE7DXW

PS: THERE IS ALSO A CATCH 22 HERE. IF OPERATORS KEEP ON WORKING THE BANDS YOU CAN STILL WORK SOMEONE. IF EVERYONE TURN THEIR RADIO OFF BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING TOLD THERE IS NOTHING TO BE HEARD.

G3SEA likes this.
  4. VE7DXW

VE7DXW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

CONDITIONS ARE POOR IF YOU DO VOICE, BUT TRY CW OR THE DIGITAL MODES AND YOU WILL BE AMAZED HOW WELL THEY PROPAGATE.
    ALL THE BEST AND 73;

ALEX - VE7DXW

PS: THERE IS ALSO A CATCH 22 HERE. IF OPERATORS KEEP ON WORKING THE BANDS YOU CAN STILL WORK SOMEONE. IF EVERYONE TURN THEIR RADIO OFF BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING TOLD THERE IS NOTHING TO BE HEARD, NOTHING WILL BE HEARD!

5. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a Youtube video. That is narrowcast for a very specific niche. Never mind. I get tired of arguing with assholes.

6. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

I hope you guys can find something else to argue about. Otherwise, you can argue with me and I promise that it won't go well for you.

G3SEA likes this.
  7. N4LCH

N4LCH Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish this would come out on a weekly basis. It sure is useful and easily understood.

8. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Fortunate that we have the many alternate and reliable VHF /UHF systems ie Echolink / IRLP / DStar / DMR / Fusion / Allstar to fall back on during this Propagation Low.

G3SEA/KH6

10. N5OFW

N5OFW Ham Member QRZ Page