9Y4DG QSL any luck?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2HAT, Jan 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

WOW good news 9Y4DG just confirmed via LOTW!! :)

upload_2017-4-11_20-0-45.png

2. 9Z4Y

9Z4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I'm glad that got sorted out in the end,
    Yes I'm commenting after a year has passed because, I'm simply not happy with some of the above comments made about 9Y4/9Z4

Now speaking for myself, I have all my QSL details and Instructions posted on my QRZ page, if you follow the instructions then things will move right along smoothly
    and I know many people don't have instructions on their page, but 9Y4DG is one of those persons that always had his up on his page,

[​IMG]

so perhaps try emailing before hand to see if Paper QSL is acceptable on the other end to be sure you will get a return card,
    you simply can't assume, a lot of people have different challenges and not only in 9Y/9Z

in addition some people are casual DXers and others like 9Y4D and myself are very serious about it, and understand one simple thing, if you are into DXing, then QSLing is part of it,
    but I can assure ANYONE forum bashing simply is not the way to go about venting frustrations that you may have brought upon yourself to begin with,

making unconfirmed accusations is a very dangerous thing to do and btw it's distasteful to many,
    before making comments, Seek the truth from someone First, I feel despondent when 9Y4/9Z4 comes into a bad light, it's only natural....

even if you don't agree with what i'm saying that's fine, but I'm handing you some facts to pass along just in case,

in 2018 the average price to print a mere 500 full color 2 sided QSL cards is around 150USD or about 1k TTD (or more in some cases)

you get charged, for quality & quantity + tax just like any other country but things are expensive here, and thats not easy for most people, especially Radio Amateurs that are Retired,

we don't have an OFFICE DEPOT

you want to represent your country by sending a nice Unique QSL card , then thats the price to pay,

I have gotten QSLs from all over with No SAE, with No "Green Stamps" and it appears that not a lot of effort went into the actual QSL card itself, but who am I to judge?
    there are people that simply don't even confirm a QSO here on QRZ when you want to get a WAS award perhaps,

and now there's the new trend, that people are now charging $2USD for LOTW confirmations

But it's instances such as this one on this post, that make you think "should I discontinue sending Paper QSL all together" and just stick to LOTW?
    but what about all the other people that don't have LOTW or an internet service? but still need QSL confirmation should they pay the price for others?

So please keep these things in mind, before creating QRM :)

Thanks for Reading 73

9Z4Y

3. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the past 3 years I have worked 14 9Y4 qso's and only not received qsl cards from 3. All 3 are less than 1 yr old and 2 are via bureau so based on bureau response those 2 aren't even late.

PS I have 9Z4Y's cards - Thanks Mark!

9Z4Y likes this.
  4. 9Z4Y

9Z4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

My pleasure Gerald, BTW we need to work some more bands :D we can make it happen,

Best 73 and thank you