9LY1JM DXpedition to Sierra Leone is now QRV

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jan 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

9LY1JM DXpedition to Sierra Leone is now QRV ... very loud here in FL on 80 meters. Good luck to all!

Randy / WB9LUR

2. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good ears, or maybe very low noise at their location. Or both. :)

3. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Heard on 40m in NH. Didn't bust the pileup with my blistering 50W.

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I got lucky, right place, right time.

5. W0WDF

W0WDF Ham Member QRZ Page

I got them on 15, 17, and 80 so far. The pile ups have not been bad.

6. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

So far, I have them on CW on 17m, 20m, 30m, and 80m. Their op(s) has great ears and ability to get an incoming call quickly.

The pileups on 40 have been an exercise in frustration. Some ops will NOT stop sending their calls. This has made it difficult to determine where the DX op is listening. Add tuner-uppers and the non-split ops, and it gets to be a mess... not the fault of the DX op. We'll keep trying on 40m. Have not been able to hear them on 160m.

7. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Briefly heard on 30m tonight... And the bottom fell out of all the bands. Very quiet now.

8. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Not an atno, but definitely needed on a few bands. I worked them on 80 rtty, I think I had a good qso on 160 cw (heavy qsb + my crappy antenna) and got them on 17 cw also. Not sure I’ll hear them on 12 or 10. Just waiting on the log update.

9. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That kind of stuff is what has turned me completely off to HF except for a rag chew contact. WTH is wrong with people? Was it always this way and I am turning into a grumpy old man, or have people been doing it all along and I'm just starting to notice?

AB8MA likes this.
  10. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This was an ATNO for me. I'm very impressed by the op's ability to pick out the weak sigs. Their QTH must be in a low noise environment. Bravo! The ops are top notch, and are doing a great job with the pileups and the rates.

K0MB likes this.