8R1AK qsl

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K4LRX, Oct 12, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

I have seen a lot of postings on DXscape about this op not responding to qsl requests. Personally, I do not blame anyone for getting taken, sending your money in good faith and receiving nothing in the process.

Now perhaps I was one of the lucky few, but I have a qsl from 8R1AK, it is a home made affair, a converted post card, but it does the job as a confirmation.

Perhaps, this station could use a qsl manager? There are several factors involved I am sure why you have not received a qsl card. Could be lack of a printer, or dare say lack of paper, or some other reason. With that in mind those of you that could serve as a qsl manager contact the op and see what develops? I do know that we have several good managers in the states, one W3HNK for an example. However, perhaps someone could come forward and offer to take over the chores and we are all happy.
  2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Last QSL card I got from 8R1AK only took 5 weeks round trip, I sent a Self Addressed Envelope and $3. along with 2 QSL cards. :)
  3. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've got two replies from Esmond. One was relatively quick, a couple of months, the other was about a year. Like Lee I sent an SAE and cash both times.

A manager would be good.
  4. K4LRX

Glad to see others have received cards from this station.. Of course perhaps the mail boat only comes now and then, another item to think about as to why no card quickly.
  5. AC4VM

AC4VM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Coming up on a year and no QSL from 8R1AK for a 40 meter phone contact.. It's a crap-shoot when you send your $$ to Africa.
  6. N2SUB

N2SUB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Assuming you send an SASE, there is only the cost of the stations QSL cards, but that's a cost we all incur...the cost of doing business so to speak. I understand it takes 30 seconds to print out a sticker and put it on an a card, but that is also part of the hobby. But they are "holding all the cards", so to speak, so if they live in a "rare" country they can demand money and people will pay it. $2 - $5 for a card that costs a few cents. I will not send money so that someone can make a profit playing radio. What a racket.
  7. K4LRX

Most of the contacts I have made in the last few years, I have not sent a card, I do not need them for confirmation. However, on major expeditions I will donate to the cause, no problem. Just depends on what you want and much you want it. I am not paying ten dollars for a card from Iraq, that is really ridiculous, I have several cards from Iraq when the U.S, had an embassy in Bagdad I get really nothing out of check marks and stars, I prefer the cards.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Did they move 8R1 to Africa?
  9. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Only 8R1AK.

KP4SX likes this.
  10. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Is that Grid Square JJ00? I've worked a lot of guys there :)