ad: MyersEng-1

GridTracker Wins the 2023 Amateur Radio Software Award

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AE0S, Apr 12, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AE0S

AE0S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Amateur Radio Software Award (ARSA) committee is pleased to announce that GridTracker, a project led by Stephen Loomis N0TTL and the GridTracker.org team, has been selected as the recipient of the 4th annual Amateur Radio Software Award. The award recognizes software projects that enhance amateur radio and promote innovation, freedom, and openness in amateur radio software development.

The committee received many nominations for the 2023 award, and after careful consideration, GridTracker was chosen as the winner. The committee was impressed by the breadth of features in GridTracker, the innovative graphic interface, and its ability to make amateur radio more fun.

GridTracker is a tool that visualizes WSJT-X/JTDX amateur radio traffic and contacts from log files, making it easier for radio amateurs to track their contacts and participate in contests. Its unique approach to visualizing radio traffic adds a new dimension of enjoyment to the radio art.

To learn more about GridTracker, visit https://gridtracker.org. As part of the award, Stephen Loomis N0TTL has requested that a $300 grant be donated to NAMI of Oregon, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness.

The ARSA committee is already looking forward to next year's award and welcomes input and nominations for future awards. To find out more, visit https://arsaward.com.

2023 Amateur Radio Software Award - Stephen Loomis N0TTL and Team - GridTracker.jpg

About the Award
    The Amateur Radio Software Award is an annual international award that recognizes software projects that enhance amateur radio and promote innovation, freedom, and openness in amateur radio software development.

Special Event Station
    To promote innovative, free, and open amateur radio software, we are operating the special event stations K4A, K4R, and K4S from August 25 - September 4, 2023. During the event, we will honor the 2023 award recipient and encourage people to submit nominations for the 2024 Amateur Radio Software Award.

YG3CPY, VA3MIU, WM7C and 11 others like this.
  2. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

Bravo!

Congratulations to Stephen and the GridTracker team. Well done!

73 es ZUT,
    Chip W9EBE

VA3MIU, W1KRI and KC7ZXY like this.
  3. K5WW

K5WW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bravo indeed!

It will also go down in history as the biggest LoTW hog ever :p

W0VTT, WO8USA and W5ADB like this.
  4. K9BAW

K9BAW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

remember what your Mom told you. If you can't say something nice ........ WTG grid tracker team, can't turn on the radio without GT running.. What a great ride along app... Tim K9BAW

K3SX, KB5UKT, K4NXS and 2 others like this.
  5. W1KRI

W1KRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amazing software! Will go down in history as revolutionary to ham radio. Fun, exciting, reliable.

K4NXS likes this.
  6. AI4TB

AI4TB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well-deserved....congratulations

7. KA4USA

KA4USA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

GREAT STUFF WE LOVE IT.

FRANK KA4USA

8. K0LWC

K0LWC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very deserving. Excellent software that's a real game-changer for digital modes like FT8.

KB5UKT likes this.
  9. SP7WJ

SP7WJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The award is fully deserved.

10. W9AWX

W9AWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Deserving. Well made software for a popular set of modes.

11. KC4TWO

KC4TWO Ham Member QRZ Page

Software that truly enhances being on the air in WSJT digital modes due to its ability to convert pages of fast streaming call signs (FT8 or FT4) into a graphical form that makes it easy to target the DXCC, Grids, Modes that the amateur might be chasing. Grid Tracker makes the hunt more fun by showing the operator a visual of stations already contacted on a band/mode as well as new stations that might be needed.

W4GOV likes this.
  12. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's definitely a very feature rich application. I pulled in all of my logs down from club log and love that I can easily see all grids worked, not just on the digital modes. It also makes uploading digital contacts to club log super easy.

I like that it also tracks other awards and not just grids.

13. K4DDT

K4DDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Gridtracker re-ignited my interest in digital modes so much I became a $$ donor.

Now, IF GT could simply 'control' WSJT-X so that we can hide WSJT-X away in the background, that would be awesome..
    We can dream, right ??

WU4I likes this.
  14. W6ZD

W6ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

GT works seamlessly with MSHV as well. I used it initially with WSJT-X and found it to be a game changer in uploading/logging QSOs. About 3 months ago I tried it with MSHV and found that I like this combo the best for my operating style.

GT certainly did deserve this award....Congratulations.

15. W4JDY

W4JDY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Of course one can go into the closet, and with the mike detached from the radio call out CQ CQ CQ and never have to talk to anyone hence no need for LOTW.

VE9NC likes this.