ad: AbAuRe-1

Interview with K7ATN on Oregon Summits on the Air Changes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N7KOM, Mar 28, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N7KOM

N7KOM Ham Member QRZ Page

The Oregon SOTA Association Reference Manual was recently updated. Some mountains moved, some summits were retired, and some new ones joined the SOTA program. K7ATN takes us through some of the changes, what those changes mean for Activators and Chasers, history of SOTA in Oregon, and a look under the hood with the SOTA program.

73 de Tim N7KOM

AD4ZU, KL7KN, K9EZ and 3 others like this.
  2. KN4LGM

KN4LGM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They have started using memes, what next! To be serious, this is cool, and hopefully, I can get into the SOTA party this year!

N7KOM likes this.
  3. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good Tim, learned a few things, I like the rules that were explained well . Weather is getting very nice here near Spokane, I will be going about soon and hope at some point to have the privilege to make a CW contact with you. 73' daw daw dit dit dit dit dit dit daw daw

N7KOM likes this.
  4. N7KOM

Looking forward to it!

5. VE3SVF

VE3SVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome!

6. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

OMG, where do I get a 'headcopy" meme sticker??? LOL.

7. N7KOM

WZ7U and KL7KN like this.
  8. K9EZ

K9EZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Video gents!

Kent K9EZ

9. KD7LX

KD7LX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One part of what he said really struck home: "SOTA isn't fair." So true. It seems brutally hard to get points here in the PNW. A ten pointer here requires risking life and limb, then you watch videos of people on the East Coast galivanting up an eight or ten pointer like a Sunday stroll. Mt. Defiance, right across the river from me, is a two pointer and that is a brutal slog of a ten mile hike, 5000 foot gain, for TWO points! SOTA isn't fair, for sure! :p

N7KOM likes this.
  10. K7GYB

K7GYB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I make a checklist that I use to make sure that everything is in my pack that needs to be before I leave my place. I have a separate chest pack for my radio. Being that I often spend a couple days on the summit, as I like to bushcraft as well, I make sure that nothing is forgotten for either my primitive camping experience or my radio work.

N7KOM likes this.