ad: cq2k-1

FlexRadio Systems appoints GigaParts, Inc. as North American Distributor of Genius Line Products

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Feb 10, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W4LKO

W4LKO Ham Member QRZ Page

Austin, Texas—February 10, 2023: FlexRadio Systems, a global leader in software defined radio and HF communications, announced today that they have extended their distribution channel for Genius line products through a new agreement with GigaParts, Inc. for the North American market.

You can read the full press release by clicking here.
    329614800_1632505700513169_4830785365141600456_n.jpg

K3TEF, K8CGS, KR5OG and 6 others like this.
  2. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a Great Idea!

W2TXB likes this.
  3. KI5UXW

KI5UXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Always happy to see a company from my neck of the woods take off :)

4. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great idea.

W2TXB likes this.
  5. K8DO

K8DO Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh sweet, now you get another layer of profit takers on top of an already expensive product.
    Given that Flex has a waiting list and has been selling more than they can produce while dealing directly with the consumer, how is this an improvement?
    And will the dealer provide repairs with factory certified techs or shrug and tell you to call Flex?

KG4BFR, K7LZR, KJ5W and 17 others like this.
  6. N4BRJ

N4BRJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice to see expansion on behalf of both parties.

KI5UXW and KR5OG like this.
  7. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure about profit taker layers. MFJ dealers are often selling below MFJ direct catalog.

K6IJ, KA0HCP and (deleted member) like this.
  8. KF4IRE

KF4IRE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm a Flex owner. Been very satisfied with my Flex products and have no desire to change that. Yea, expensive as hell but I realize what I'm paying for considering the size of their company and the fact that its US based, employing US citizens. I like paying for that.

Having worked both private and public sectors with respect to supply chains; there comes a point in every company's growth where a decision has to be made to either expand a particular division (sales, service, R/D, etc.) to keep up with an area of increased demand. You either expand internally or partner with an established company. Partnering with Giga Parts is a safe venture that benefits both Flex and Giga Parts. Our US economy is in a fragile state currently and the potential for economic collapse is here for the foreseeable future. This allows Flex to continue growing, gives Giga Parts another product line and both have limited skin in the game should either need to scale back in an economic crisis. I generally see this as a positive move as I'm sure after sales service/support is still retained at Flex.

N9EMC, K0TWA, KC5CQW and 11 others like this.
  9. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

That is a rather cynical argument. We don't know the facts behind the business decision, nor is it any of our business. Markets are sensitive to price, and businesses have to track that. Profit isn't a dirty word. Profit makes things work. Worrying about it doesn't.

KC5CQW, K8BZ, N7ECV and 22 others like this.
  10. WU3U

WU3U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I work for a business where manufactures call us all of the time and ask us to be their dealer. They would rather concentrate on building and servicing the equipment becuase they've found that they just aren’t good at handling the sales transaction. We have an online catalog that we developed that automates this process and the customer has a better purchasing experience than dealing with the vendor’s off the shelf online purchasing software. The vendor still does the service but we sell the product for them and they drop ship the product right from where it’s manufactured to the consumer. It’s a win/win for both companies and the consumer.

When you call for tech support your going right to the manufacturer who’s not busy handling the sales side of the business. I would imagine that’s what we are seeing with this move although Gigaparts will probably be shipping the product. Not much different than dealing with Amazon. It’s the future.

N8FXC, KF4IRE and WB4NQF like this.
  11. N4KCD

N4KCD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a good move for Flex to make. They can offload their amateur radio sales and marketing to GigaParts and more reliably concentrate on their core business. It wouldn’t surprise me if they funnel tech support through them either. I am sure that they are having the same issues with limited resources. It would make good sense for them to use the resources that they do have for their primary business.

KF4IRE likes this.
  12. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't care what is 'good for the company'. All this serves to do is make stuff 5-10% or more expensive for hams as we've now added another layer of middlemen.

Fanboys need to take their meds.

13. N6KTO

N6KTO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is an interesting turn for Flex. reading some of these comments I can see Both point but flex does have an issue in servicing what they have already. That is just a fact. they have been backup for a while. Gigaparts as a company is going to want radio in stock to sell, so who will come first the customers they already have orders in or the new business as they will need product to sell. It is obvious they can not do both at this point maybe down the road when they are caught up with their orders. There also has been some good questions raised with warranty and repairs and where that will fall. It not like icom, Yaseu or kenwood that mass produce radios and they can be exchanged or swapped if there is an issue. On paper this sounds good for both flex and gigaparts but I can see issues.

14. KI5UXW

KI5UXW Ham Member QRZ Page

I attended a presentation by FlexRadio a few weeks ago where a representative was invited to the N5OAK quarterly and they bragged about their customer service so I hope that this means that we'll continue to get their legendary customer service going forward, even with GigaParts Inc. in the mix.

15. K8YV

K8YV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not sure this is a good move with the rep that GigaParts has.
    Ive had bad dealings with them.
    Flex as someone put it is expensive but it's made in the us and there service is good.
    Glade I have the flex line bet it will be more now.

AC4KW, N7ECV and K3RW like this.