ad: MyersEng-1

96° F Field Day?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Jul 18, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

AmateurLogic 171: Field Day 2022
    Field Day up North. Field Day down South. A Rockin Field Day out West. Cheap Old Field Day segment. An Apocalyptic Field day.

www.amateurlogic.tv

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, the 96 C may have been true for the lobster in the pot, but I suspect you guys were at a cool, 96 F

;-)

W8OTR, KJ7OES, KD8ZM and 11 others like this.
  3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Those darn conversions!

KI5UXW and KB0QIP like this.
  4. KB3IYM

KB3IYM Ham Member QRZ Page

That would be 204,8 degrees F

IW3ILM, KF7PCL, W4DXR and 5 others like this.
  5. KB0QIP

KB0QIP Ham Member QRZ Page

It was in the range of 105-110 in the shade in a fellow hams garage/workshop most of the afternoon and into the evening. as well as we watched each other we did have 1 get sick and had to cool him down. It was one of the hottest days we have had on field day. We have a POTA activation this weekend and it looks to be hot again. Near the river this time and can cool off quckly. It will be quite hot this summer so please keep hydrated and watch your friends and family.

K0TWA, AJ4LN, KI5UXW and 1 other person like this.
  6. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

I had sun stroke a few years ago in a farm field day here in west virginia. Shade..
    ice.... and water are only known cures.

KI5UXW and KO4TXV like this.
  7. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

96° C refers to a blooper left in the show. Field Day can be brutal and we all need to observe the proper precautions.

W9MRH, AJ4LN, KI5UXW and 2 others like this.
  8. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the 96C has been observed by others HAHAHAHAH
    Can we ever trust these guys again? HAHAHAHAH

9. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

96c would have been one hell !!! of a field day you should set up for field day on top of the volcano not in the volcano ! Hi Hi Phil..

W4DXR likes this.
  10. WA8MEA

WA8MEA Ham Member QRZ Page

"The Field Day From Hell!"
    (Coming to a theater near you...)​

W9HJ, KI6PMD, KI7MGC and 1 other person like this.
  11. N9NQ

N9NQ Ham Member QRZ Page

If you force hydration for a couple weeks before the exercise, your cells will develop a "memory" for the extra water and aid in keeping you going. We did this in both the Ranger regiment and in Special Forces. In 1982 while I was in Special Forces, we did a full MOP 4 exercise with masks with hoods, charcoal suite, boots and gloves in heat category 4 in August on Ft Benning. One guest had to be medivaced out but he was not SF qualified and was a guest. He was also out of shape fir this exercise. As far as I know we were the first unit ever to do this in the conditions. It was also an ARTEP. Later in the Ranger Regiment, we were in the desert in July 1986, Gallant Eagle 86, when it was 125F. We had one Ranger to get a little heat sickness from not drinking enough water while there.
    I know this works but your age and health plays a big part in it. Forced hydration won't hurt but can help. Yep, both of those exercises sucked but that is what we did...
    Robert
    N9NQ

HB9EPC, WB5GM and N4GST like this.
  12. N4CWZ

N4CWZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I got the biggest “kick” outta that exchange. Mike was like ,yeah 96 c. I was laughing and laughing:). The onscreen flames were a nice touch!! 73 n4cwz

N4GST likes this.
  13. IW3ILM

IW3ILM Ham Member QRZ Page

It's 36 Celsius degrees. Whht's the problem? It's not hot.

14. DL6SEZ

DL6SEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have to stay the whole day in 36°C Massimo it sure is a problem for you too!

73 de Chris

KB2NTD likes this.
  15. IW3ILM

IW3ILM Ham Member QRZ Page

Poor Celsius or poor Farenheit?