ad: MLSons-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. June 22, 2022.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jun 23, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. June 22, 2022.

WP4BRI, PP8JFL, DO1FER and 1 other person like this.
  2. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

Hobbiest in Germany will try to be a professional extension for the disaster control? Ahrweiler showed that they cant do it! To provide 24/7 the emergency service, needs more than words, goodwill and a bit of equipment. In Ahrweiler the equipment swam away with the flood. This is nothing for people who want to be heros in their spare time! At next the needed equipment isnt that what they have in their minds. It should be basic and no digital Hocus Pocus, together with a satellite connection in a moment with heavy rain and an enviroment which was got away in minutes. These hobbiest are dreamers who like to wear an uniform.

N4GST, W7USD, DL4CW and 4 others like this.
  3. DK3UW

DK3UW Ham Member QRZ Page

dreamers who like to wear an uniform ?? Why write such nonsens. Radio amateurs can help with flexible comunication if prepared a bit in advance. We do mostly have small radios that can be operated from battery power.
    So please don't be negative on what we could do to replace broken down communication lines.
    Please think rather abour what you could do in cas an emergency hits your area.
    Martin
    DK3UW

4. DO1FER

I was member of the real disaster control up to the end of the 90s. In the end of my time of duty there, the unit I belong to was exhausted. I did my service for about eight years there. When you think what I wrote is nonsens, then you dont know what the disaster control for the cases of to defend and in the cases of military interaction and catastrophic cases really was and what we had to do. Dont try to kidding me!

N4GST likes this.
  5. DO1FER

Sorry, I forgot to write to which unit I belonged to. It was the unit named "1. SZ - Regie - Braunschweig / KatS Bund"

And our insignia of the exhausted unit was:

100_0336.jpg

N4GST likes this.