ad: ProAudio-1

MFJ-4275MV 75 Amp Switching Power Supply

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by WJ6F, Apr 18, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have a large ham shack and need a strong power supply then take a look at the MFJ-4275MV 75 Amp Switching Power Supply! The MFJ-4275MV 75 Amp Switching Power Supply puts out 75 amp peak and 70 amps continuous. You can run your equipment off of four different connector types.

2. K0DUC

K0DUC Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice connections, light weight for power and options, not a bad price. Then again, the fan noise is quite loud and obnoxious, always there. Complaints of RF has I can't confirm, but have heard of, and I've simply relegated mine to secondary duty behind the Astron linears.

I've heard some complaints about voltage drops at high draw, but have never driven mine hard enough to achieve this. Anyone else confirm or deny?

KT5OT likes this.
  3. W8ASA

W8ASA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Are all the high current connectors on the front? That's really inconvenient for neat station layout.

EA2ELS, PY2BBQ, WW8C and 4 others like this.
  4. PP8DA

PP8DA Ham Member QRZ Page

I had one for long time until a bad weather lightening finished it to a irreparable situation. I licked the supply very much, normal load 45 Amps, no blower noise. The only bad thing, the supply is a dust suction machine and a relative frequent cleaning was necessary with mine. Yes, all connectors on front, really not a neat station layout.

PY2NEA likes this.
  5. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately Yes. THe only connector on the back, besides the power cord is for charging a battery. I wish all connectors were on the back of the unit.

NA7G, K2CD, PY2NEA and 1 other person like this.
  6. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

the jetstream is identical to the mfj and alot better pricepoint.ive heard complaints from others running this supply with solid state amps over the voltage drop.

KB5IAV and K9TWC like this.
  7. K6QAZ

K6QAZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use the Ameritron SPS-75MV, same as the MFJ. Yes the fans are loud. I'm going to replace them with the Noctua NF-A8 PWM fan. This setup works good for me. I also used it with the ALS-500 and had no problem at 600 watts on 40 meters.
    IMG_1349.JPG

K5OHM, VE2CYV, AA5BK and 2 others like this.
  8. KD7HB

KD7HB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have used this supply for several years. Got it for my higher power 2-meter station. Never had a problem pulling over 50 amps on FT8.
    However, when I replaced my IC 706mkIIG with 7100, I had to have more 12 volt power than my 20 amp supply could deliver. Now I run the whole station from the 75 amp supply. It works perfectly, EXCEPT the rambling switching birdies that go up and down around 3980kHz where the Oregon Emergency net operates each evening. Sometime the noise stays away, but is always nearby.
    I have tried to stop the noise with ferrite cores on the wires connecting to the supply with no improvement.
    That small range of frequencies is the only problem I have found.

9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    AA5BK likes this.
  10. VA2FN

VA2FN Ham Member QRZ Page

Run all my gear off this unit, works flawlessly. My ALS-500 amp doesn't even make the fan come on. Very quiet.

11. KJ4AUQ

KJ4AUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have both the 50 amp and 75 amp and they both work well. The 50 amp powers an RM Italy with no problems. Thanks for the write up. Not bad for a widow’s son.

12. VE3ZSZ

VE3ZSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

i have same looking

but its made by Ameritron had mine over 7 years very good
    and tough
    mfj have a bad habit of bad construction ?
    so i hope they did not go for cheap parts ?

God bless