ad: M2Ant-1

World Amateur Radio Day 2022 - W2W VOIP Special Event

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W2JLD, Apr 13, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

World Amateur Radio Day 2022

It’s almost time to mark the 97th anniversary of the formation of The International Amateur Radio Union in Paris in 1925.
    [​IMG]

World Amateur Radio Day 2022 – APRIL 18TH – 9AM EST/13.00UTC
    ECHOLINK *ROC-HAM* Conference Server Node 531091.
    Allstar node numbers 2585, 47620, 53130 and 53131.
    https://www.roc-ham.net/ward-2022/

Every April 18, radio amateurs worldwide take to the airwaves in celebration of World Amateur Radio Day. It was on this day in 1925 that the International Amateur Radio Union was formed in Paris.

[​IMG]
    Amateur Radio experimenters were the first to discover that the short wave spectrum — far from being a wasteland — could support worldwide propagation. In the rush to use these shorter wavelengths, Amateur Radio was “in grave danger of being pushed aside,” the IARU’s history has noted. Amateur Radio pioneers met in Paris in 1925 and created the IARU to support Amateur Radio worldwide.

Just two years later, at the International Radiotelegraph Conference, Amateur Radio gained the allocations still recognized today — 160, 80, 40, 20, and 10 meters. Since its founding, the IARU has worked tirelessly to defend and expand the frequency allocations for Amateur Radio. Thanks to the support of enlightened administrations in every part of the globe, radio amateurs are now able to experiment and communicate in frequency bands strategically located throughout the radio spectrum. From the 25 countries that formed the IARU in 1925, the IARU has grown to include 160 member-societies in three regions. IARU Region 1 includes Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Northern Asia. Region 2 covers the Americas, and Region 3 is comprised of Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific island nations, and most of Asia. The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has recognized the IARU as representing the interests of Amateur Radio.

Today, Amateur Radio is more popular than ever, with more than 3,000,000 licensed operators!

World Amateur Radio Day is the day when IARU Member-Societies can show our capabilities to the public and enjoy global friendship with other Amateurs worldwide.

Theme for World Amateur Radio Day 2022 Announced

The IARU Administrative Council has chosen “Celebrating Amateur Radio’s Contribution to Society” as the theme for World Amateur Radio Day, Monday, 18 April 2022.

[​IMG]

No matter where WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY is celebrated, be part of something that’s bigger than all of us.

For the History of the IARU please visit: http://w2pa.net/HRH/april-in-paris/

Come by the original WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY Celebration that started in 2015, I came up with an idea to recognize World Amateur Radio Day that no one else came up with while I was a net controller on another echolink conference and after leaving that conference it was moved to another echolink conference where it was welcomed with open arms and since 2015 the event has grown 10 fold. Now that I have my own Echolink Conference, the ROC-HAM, The special event now has a permanent home, where I will continue doing what I started in 2015.

Fast forward 7 years later………….

This special event is put on to bring people together, celebrate and explore the world of amateur radio. Have great fellowships, makes friends, learn new things, whether your special event is a large one or a small one its all about celebrating amateur radio. So make sure you stop by to one of the LARGEST special event on VOIP/Echolink on the *ROC-HAM* Echolink conference node 531091 and on Allstar nodes 2585, 47620, 53130, 53131
    12 different net controllers from all over the world, special event callsign W2W. Special event qsl card via S.A.S.E. Instructions on how to get a card can be found at https://www.roc-ham.net/ward-2022/

Let’s make this special event huge, support “WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY” and see if we can break the record of over 621 checkins, you have 16 hours to do so.

EI4GEB and K0UO like this.
  2. K0IP

K0IP Ham Member QRZ Page

just a question, do I need a radio ?

3. W2JLD

no this is on voip echolink and several modes of communications........

YB4LLKA likes this.
  4. KO4ASH

KO4ASH Ham Member QRZ Page

This sounds great looking forward to the event!

YB4LLKA likes this.
  5. W2JLD

TODAY@9AM/1300UTC....COME JOIN US!!!!
    CELEBRATE 97 YRS OF THE IARU AND HELP US CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE FELLOWSHIP TODAY.

YB4LLKA and EI4GEB like this.
  6. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What are the other modes besides, VOIP ?

YB4LLKA likes this.
  7. W2JLD

allstar, hamshack hotline

YB4LLKA likes this.
  8. KI5UXU

KI5UXU Ham Member QRZ Page

I got my callsign in the FCC data base today. my first contact was when i checked into the WARD NET!

YB4LLKA, N7KO, W9EBE and 1 other person like this.
  9. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

Welcome to ham radio and congratulations! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have through the years.

Chip W9EBE

YB4LLKA and KI5UXU like this.
  10. W2JLD

glad you checked in and hopefully you requested a qsl card

11. W2JLD

yes you are on the log and yes you wanted a qsl card...not sure if your sending a S.A.S.E.

12. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good it was the same for me, and my instructor was the ward net control. Welcome to Ham radio, Hope you will at least get your General some day and experience HF, it is a whole new world. But remember while you are a Tech you still have quite a bit of HF band privilege's using CW, so think about learning Morse Code if you have not already, it is so much fun. Also look into POTA and SOTA.

YB4LLKA, KI5UXU and W9EBE like this.
  13. KI5UXU

KI5UXU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I plan on sending a S.A.S.E. I copied the link for the Roc/ham.net website for the instructions on where to send it. *edit i just saw it will be headed to you W2JLD thank you!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    YB4LLKA likes this.
  14. YB4LLKA

YB4LLKA Ham Member QRZ Page

Good morning my brother, greetings from Indonesia

15. PU2KMM

PU2KMM Ham Member QRZ Page

boa tarde a todos 73 . PU2KMM.