ad: Radclub22-1

New Sweepstakes is LIVE at GigaParts!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Apr 6, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4LKO

W4LKO Ham Member QRZ Page

A new sweepstakes is live at GigaParts! This time we are giving away 3 radios to one lucky winner! A Yaesu FT-DX10, FTM-400XD and a FT-5DR! Be sure to enter DAILY for your chance to win!

Enter here: https://www.gigaparts.com/sweepstakes/

[​IMG]

KC7ZXY, KF0INI, W2CSI and 4 others like this.
  2. AK5CT

AK5CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you GigaParts, I always enjoy your Sweepstakes Contests. Putting your name, call sign and email info down, with one 'radio related' question per day (for an extra point) is easy.
    At one time, I also entered another companies contest daily, however it got to the point you had to have every type of social media account you can imagine, go to numerous websites each day, get text messages, and many more 'jump through the hoops' to try to get extra points for entering. It got to where it more like a job than a contest and it was just not worth my time. Keep up the good work.

WA7SON, K0CXF, KC7ZXY and 9 others like this.
  3. KO4TXV

KO4TXV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice!

4. KI4UYA

KI4UYA Ham Member QRZ Page

I second Curtis' comment on these Sweepstakes out there now. Not only do you have to jump through hoops but the spam emails & robo calls that follow are ridiculous . Still not sure why they have to have your phone number though.

WA7SON, KC7ZXY, WA5TRO and 2 others like this.
  5. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Likely as another way to reach you should you win...one call you'd actually want to get :)

KC7ZXY, N4GST and KC9ONY like this.
  6. KB7AK

KB7AK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Your best protection when entering these types of sweepstakes is to use a disposable email address and phone number.

AA5BK, K0UO and W5CJA like this.
  7. DG7RF

DG7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

nice

KB9GHN likes this.
  8. KG5FNU

KG5FNU Ham Member QRZ Page

I trust Gigiparts, I have bought "stuff" from them so they have all my details anyway.

K0CXF, KC7ZXY, KB5IAV and 2 others like this.
  9. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

If you don't want all of the spam and robocalls don't enter sweepstakes like those by a popular DMR retailer and others on social media sites that make money by selling your data. That said, I have not had any such results from entering GigaParts' sweepstakes on their website.

K0CXF, KD3Y, AK5CT and 2 others like this.
  10. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I been entering the Gigaparts sweepstakes for 20 years. Is that why I keep getting so many calls a day?

K0UO, AK5B and KE0GXN like this.
  11. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

No.

KC7ZXY and KD5BVX like this.
  12. GW6CZE

GW6CZE Ham Member QRZ Page

Pity its only open to US staions ,we get nothing like that in the UK

G8XQB likes this.
  13. G8XQB

G8XQB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

...GDPR is probably one reason why not :(

N6VL likes this.
  14. KO4TXV

KO4TXV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The more that I look at this giveaway, the more that I like it. I am not crazy with getting slammed with sales email every day but the easy way around that is to unsubscribe. Unless I am missing an antenna or two in there, it does say it "Covers all of the bases". I like that, being a new ham getting closer to testing for General, and this would be the ultimate package for me.

N4GST and AA5BK like this.
  15. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

I keep applying, but no winner yet! Since my Yaesu 857-D got a lightning strike, I definitely could use a win!
    Plus, answering the questions is like a refresher course.

N4GST, KD5BVX and KO4TXV like this.