ad: Radclub22-1

The YouTuber’s Hamfest 2021 - May 28-30

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VK7HH

VK7HH Ham Member QRZ Page

The 2nd Annual YouTubers Hamfest is on THIS WEEKEND!

Starting Friday May 28th through to Sunday 30th join us for your front row seat to the BIGGEST, the LOUDEST, and the LARGEST event of the year! Come join us for some reviews, interviews, laughs and so much more.

Timezones below:
    Hamfest Start:
    Friday 28th of May
    14:45 Central US Time
    19:45 UTC
    5:45 Australian EST (Sat 29th)

Hamfest Finish (last stream):
    Sunday 30th of May
    19:00 Central US Time
    00:00 UTC (Monday 31st)
    10:00 Australian EST (Monday 31st)

Check out our awesome promo video (featuring the one and only Tank Radio!)

The schedule is now up! Check out some of the awesome #HamRadio content coming your way.
    https://youtubershamfest.com/the-youtubers-hamfest-2021/

Be sure to bookmark this playlist so you don't miss a minute of the action! See you all there #hamharder
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs_Ab58w9LI_GnJWAzbWO0GXyce5L9ewx

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    KG5THG, M1WML, AA5BK and 5 others like this.
  2. N5TTI

N5TTI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Guys, I was kidding about the 48 hours of non-stop hamfest action last year!
    This is great!
    Excellent lineup

M1WML, KD5BVX and VK7HH like this.
  3. W7JET

W7JET Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm a Red Summit RF fan boy so I'm in.

M1WML, NJ7V and KC5HWB like this.
  4. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, Hayden! This is going to be fun and epic! I expect a larger turn out than last year. Don't mind the naysayers, we're going to push forward and get more people interested in the true spirit of Amateur Radio.

M1WML, AA5BK and VK7HH like this.
  5. NJ7V

NJ7V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yay - somebody who will openly admit it - LMAO.

M1WML, VK7HH, KC5HWB and 1 other person like this.
  6. NJ7V

...says the humble, unassuming person on the QRZ forum?

M1WML and 2E0TWD like this.
  7. NJ7V

Actually, you raise a good point here. I don't have a paid membership to QRZ, but benefit from posting my stuff here, on occasion. That's worth something even though I haven't made $ on my videos. I'll look into membership costs and see if I can afford it. Can't say I agree with the "protected class" comment though. I think QRZ is making an effort to keep it positive. It's such a difficult position to be in. I think they are doing their best.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2021
    M1WML, HB9EPC, KD5BVX and 1 other person like this.
  8. KC5HWB

I've paid for QRZ several times on an annual basis. I probably will again soon because, yes, we get lots of benefit and value from this site.

My suspicion, however, is that for the naysayers, this will change nothing.

M1WML, KD5BVX and NJ7V like this.
  9. KC5HWB

"Nothing" is inaccurate, but I suspect it doesn't matter. I subscribed to QRZ for several years. No I don't today, but I did, so that isn't "nothing", is it?

Again, when I do re-up my subscription, I have doubts that you'll change your bitter tune.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2021
    M1WML, 2E0TWD and KD5BVX like this.
  10. KI4UYA

KI4UYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad to see that Bob K6UDA is not participating this year. As for the "protected class" post, most if not all social media outlets these days are making decisions as to what "they" think is approbate and what's not. It's ashame that it has come to this. Without getting into a constitutional debate here, The 1ST Amendment guarentess everyones right to freedom of speech. It doesn't allow censorship just because you don't like what is being said! Enough said & My Humble Opinion.

W5AMG, G3SEA, M1WML and 3 others like this.
  11. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a private website that is under the control of the website owner(s) - they can 100% decide what is posted and not, what is allow and not. That is not hindering anyone's 1st amendment rights since the 1st amendment has to do with the government stopping someone from speaking. As one law site summarizes it, "[The First Amendment also] guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely." QRZ is not Congress. You may not agree with their actions but they have every right to take them as it is their private website.

Personally, I'm glad QRZ moderates these forums - there is a lot of negativity and some who seem their daily goal is to simply post negatively on posts that appear here on the homepage (placed there by QRZ, no less...). It's disappointing that is the case but it's become a real issue. It's one thing to share a different opinion but it's another to call names and simply make negative comments about "the YoUtUbErs" like some do. Thankfully QRZ gets rid of those.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    K4KID, AA5BK, M1WML and 7 others like this.
  12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Prizes??

M1WML likes this.
  13. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

The First Amendment states that: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech. QRZ.com is not Congress. Fred might think it is, but it really isn't. First Amendment rants are not relevant to privately owned sites.

M1WML, NY4I, N4QX and 4 others like this.
  14. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I for one am very grateful for all the great content on YouTube that helps people in the hobby. There is all kinds of different levels of content from the beginner stuff to the more advanced stuff.

Sadly I will miss the virtual hamfest as it is during CQWPX CW, but I imagine there will be content available after the fact so I will go back and review some of it for sure.

M1WML, KC0KEK, KD5BVX and 1 other person like this.
  15. K6FAK

K6FAK Ham Member QRZ Page

This will be a great weekend full of videos from cool Hamers! #YTHF21

KC5HWB, M1WML, VK7HH and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.