ad: TinyPaddle-1

What Is A Shortwave Radiogram?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, May 16, 2021.

ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

What is a Shortwave Radiogram? OpenWebRX v1.0 is a great update. UBLOX7, Winlink and Time Sync with a cheap GPS dongle.

Download
    YouTube

VK5FUSE, KE0N and W3AMT like this.
  2. AA5BK

AA5BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

good stuff. Thanks for posting.

W5JDX likes this.
  3. KA8VNG

KA8VNG Ham Member QRZ Page

KI5ONL / great QRZ page like the way you think. When I was about 2 or 3 yrs old my dad told me the guy on TV was the president. I called him cookie head
    because he was bald. Hi Hi. That's all I knew. ( Eisenhour ) Funny stuff. Your link to the short film Dust I have seen once, pretty good. 73 .... ..

W5JDX likes this.
  4. K3GAU

K3GAU Ham Member QRZ Page

You didn't mention if they use the RSID feature when changing modes of transmission. Do they? It would help those using FLDIGI and new to digital modes to get their program set to the right mode to copy the SWRADIOGRAM programs.
    Dave K3GAU

5. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not try that feature myself. More information can be found about it here.

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Decoding_the_SW_Radiogram_Broadcasts

Note: It appears these setting may interfere with your ability to transmit using FLDIGI.

6. AC3K

AC3K Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes he does and it does help a lot because he switches modes during the broadcast.

I suggest joining the email list at swradiogram.net so you'll be notified each week of the schedule. It's really fun.

de AC3K

7. AA5BK

AA5BK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  8. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

But can you depend on this technology when the satellites come crashing down and all of the infrastructure fails?

Unlike using Simplex to pass the original Radiogram weather it is VHF-UHF or HF using voice or my favorite, CW.

I am not trying to insult anyone, but I am just pointing out reality.

9. W4JDY

W4JDY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent point from where my professional work stands.

Cell phones & the internet are vulnerable, but Satellites in times of extreme weather or a real attack on the CONUS favors the old methods, esp. SW.

N7KO likes this.