750,000!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Apr 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have serious doubts that the FCC or others actually would pay for the adminstration services carried out by the ARRL or similar.

A very common streak among those involved in organised amateur radio is that they quite often consider just the feeling of "being
    important" as enough reward.

They may however find some more, often quite "sneaky", ways of extracting some more money out of the public, such as overcharging for vanity calls, and for licence renewals.

Finally, there may be some amateur radio societies that actually are taken seriously by the Authorities, but they are probably the exception that confirm the rule...

Most are considered by the lawyers that operate current spectrum regulating agencies as "whiners", that have similar negotiating tactics as those recognised by parents of 3-year olds at the candy stands at the supermarket checkouts. .

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

You are correct but the concept of the FCC essentially contracting the League has its own flaws, not the least of which is evidence collection by private parties. I was making a tongue-in- cheek metaphor absurdity as it seemed appropriate given the context of this concept.

The more League enforcement cases = more League revenue:)

3. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would say that it is this aspect that gives me the most "bad taste in my mouth".

Using a network of anonymous informers among the general public to gather incriminating evidence against perceived misbehavers is one of the characteristics of dictatorships.

But, there is a certain affliction to authoritorian rule today,
    so it is maybe a sign of the times...

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

W0PV likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

People forget how those things end up turning out, so they allow it to fester yet again. Full circle and all that... :oops: