ad: Retevis-1

75 Watt Dual Band Mobile Radio Test/Review Luiton LT-598uv

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Jul 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. F4GVO

F4GVO Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you very much for this video, good job to learn about this little rig with lot of power !

2. KD0WQP

KD0WQP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the QYT 8900d which seems to be the "same" radio.

Does that radio have any trouble with changing channels with the keypad? For instance, on my radio, if I type in 14 for channel 14, the radio will briefly go to channel 14 and then move up to channel 15. Likewise, if I type in 18, it'll switch to that channel and then switch to VFO mode...

I'm wondering if this flavor of the radio has the same types of issues.

3. KA9UCE

KA9UCE Ham Member QRZ Page

And used pencils to change the crystal's frequency!
    Also, add a screw/spring in the cover to do the same thing.

4. WA4RAY

WA4RAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I was wondering what I was going to do as well, then found that Chirp worked fine to program it once I selected QYT KT8900D.

JZ11PWS and KA9JLM like this.
  5. JZ11PWS

JZ11PWS QRZ Member

the mini rig which has dualband and dualwatch becoming favorites radio stuff, its size and ability compared with Branded products near the same, it's only need good antenna receiver to had it works better.. anyone share suggestion good mobile antenna for this Mini Rig ?

6. WT4SO

WT4SO Ham Member QRZ Page

My understanding it's the same radio. I saw a review but it said the radio was on (permanent) backorder. But don't hold me on the backorder part.. I'm considering the qyt version deciding between ordering from China for$147 or Amazon for $155-159. So if you have already bought one, let me know how you like it.