ad: elecraft

Long Island Hams Honor Local Hospital’s COVID19 Efforts With $1,000 Donation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KS2G, Oct 31, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In a show of appreciation for service to the community during the COVID19 pandemic, the Radio Central Amateur Radio Club (RCARC) has presented a $1,000 donation to St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson, New York.

RCARC president Neil Heft, KC2KY, explained that the 40-member club wanted to recognize the countless hours put in by not only St. Charles doctors and nurses, but also by all of the medical support staff, facility personnel, security officers and the multitude of people needed to keep the hospital running smoothly. "But," he said,“we wanted to do something more than just putting up a thank you sign, so we took up a collection from our members who live in the community.”

A photo of the presentation ceremony by RCARC board member Frank Mazovek, KC2ZOR, shows (left to right) RCARC vice-president Richie Fisher, KB2KPB, and St. Charles Hospital Director of Public and Community Relations Marilyn Fabbricante looking on as radio club president Neil Heft, KC2Y, presented the $1,000 donation to Lisa Mulvey, Executive Director of the St. Charles Hospital Foundation.

The Radio Central Amateur Radio Club (www.rcarc.org) was formed in 1977 by a group of Amateur Radio operators to commemorate the enormous contributions to communications made by RCA’s Radio Central transmitting facility established in Rocky Point, NY. In 1921 as the world’s largest, most powerful transmitting facility, sending messages to land stations and ships at sea around the globe.

RCARC Hospital Donation Photo.jpg

K2AJR, W2KFV, JF1IRQ and 6 others like this.
  2. K2RB

K2RB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So proud of our sister club at field day. Rick, K2RB, Order of the Boiled Owls of NY

3. N7AME

N7AME XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great gift to those who are working hard to keep us safe and health. Are there others clubs that can match that for their own local health care workers?

KA0GOA and AJ6KZ like this.
  4. DE6MSW

DE6MSW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DE6MSW

5. M6EVR

M6EVR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

wow thats amazing good on you hoping other clubs will follow your path all the best stay safe 73

6. K2FI

K2FI Ham Member QRZ Page

As a native Long Islander, this is wonderful to see!

7. K2AJR

K2AJR Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a member of this club years ago when my wife and I lived in Suffolk County. I remember the above pictured guys... Richie and Neil. Great guys. Great club. Thank you Radio Central ARC.