ad: Sussex-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. October 21, 2020.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Oct 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. October 21, 2020.

JF1IRQ likes this.
  2. KC1MRZ

KC1MRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Pardon the noob question, but I noticed they're going to be playing van halen on a special event station. Isn't broadcasting music specifically forbidden?

3. KC1NQW

KC1NQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Special events station PA5150EVH is being activated by PF1SCT. Frank is licensed in the Netherlands, so the regulations and laws regarding the transmission of music may be different from the USA.

4. K6ES

K6ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

XM radio ch. 29 is playing his songs as a tribute to him.

5. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Kudos to the Neutron - 1 Mission Project up at the University of Hawaii.
    Imua ! :cool:
    G3SEA/KH6

WE4B, N1IPU and KB4IUD like this.
  6. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

There are many more famous musicians who are/were radio amateurs not mentioned in this newscast. Patty Loveless, Lance Bass, Bob Moog, Stu Cook, Larnell Harris, Donnie Osmond, Cliff Richard, Alveno Rey and Ronnie Milsap just to name a few. There are more. Some of these have passed on and some have now let their license expire.

7. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I had no idea Cliff Richard was a Ham, I also had no idea he was known in the USA. Congratulations on your fine career and accomplishments in this great hobby by the way, 73.

8. N7FFO

N7FFO Ham Member QRZ Page

Joe Walsh has been a long-time Ham as well.

9. VE1ELK

VE1ELK Ham Member QRZ Page

what freq will the van halen broadcast be on .so one can try to get a qsl card

10. VE1ELK

how can we find out ahead of time when these high balloons are going to take off..we always hear about it after the fact..

11. VE1ELK

how can we track the balloons on aprsdirect if we want to avoid the spam on there from cookies etc ..should be a link to go right to the map to see where the balloons are at ! i know.. i am being hard on everything