ad: Retevis-1

PowerSDR ke9ns v2.8.0 free download

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KE9NS, Oct 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KE9NS

KE9NS Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    For those with a legacy Flex-1500, Flex-3000, and Flex-5000 radio...
    Updates and modifications I have made to the last Flexradio PowerSDR version:

- On screen user Add, Sort, Del, and Lockable, Band Stack (for all bands including SWL bands)
    - Space weather, and Local weather (based on Lat/Long) reporting on Console.
    - Waterfall moves (left/right) with Panadapter on frequency changes.
    - Automatic Pan level adjustment and Waterfall brightness adjustment
    - Allow 2nd receiver to display Panafall mode
    - Multiple Analog meter styles (Left Click), with top or right side locations (Right Click on meter)
    - Transmit call sign into Waterfall
    - Save Drive level per Band and Mode
    - 3D Panadapter (with or without waterfall)
    - Hi-Resolution panadapter/waterfall option (with x100 zoom). 16k points vs 4k points on screen
    -Live “MIC level” meter on Receive
    - 2nd Transmit Meter options including Combo meter (Power out, SWR, ALC, MIC at same time)
    -Larger VFO readout options (with different fonts)
    - Voice Keyer buttons (with auto repeat)
    - ID Timer (either Popup reminder, voice keyer, Water ID, CW keyer)
    - 28 Band GEQ and 9 Band PEQ options for Transmit EQ.
    - Band Text Display directly onto Panadapter (right click on Band Text line)
    - Short Wave defined band buttons (SWL)
    - Short Wave(SWL) updated searchable listings, and display active stations directly on Pandapter (right click on station to directly Google for information)
    - Active ”World Map” (in background of Panadapter) with Grayline, Sun (space weather), Moon (az-el), ISS (az-el), Day indicators.
    - DX Spots appear directly “World Map” (and are clickable take you directly to Frequency and mode).
    - NCDXF Beacon scanner, with visual indicators directly onto world map.
    - Built in VOACAP HF radio propagation prediction directly onto “World Map” based on your Lat/LongDX - Spotter with spots on Panadapter (clickable opens QRZ), and world map (click take you to the Frequency and mode). Spotter screen connects with LoTW and includes beam heading.
    - FCC callsign database for US State identification of DX Spots.
    - Downloads your LoTW log (user name and password), and color codes DX Spots based on LoTW data
    - “Scanner” combines with Memories, to allow scanning by type of memory (with lockouts) or SWL (example: Scan 10m, 6m or 2m repeaters, or scan ALE frequencies).
    - SWR scanner/recorder with visual display on Panadapter along with Spreadsheet file output.
    - QuickAudio multiple file system with WAV and MP3 file save.
    - Automatic scheduled recordings: MP3 audio recording (linked to “Memories”)
    - DJConsole, and PowerMate knob software built in.
    - FlexControl and PowerMate knob with alternate Tune Step to the Mouse Wheel Tune Step, including separate Tune Step for CW vs phone modes
    - Automatic PC Clock update to either Internet NIST or WWV via HF
    - VAC1 option allows mixing PC audio along with Radio MIC audio.
    And a bunch more features.

Free download at ke9ns.com/flexpage.html

Darrin
    ke9ns

WD5GWY, K4FMH, K7SWT and 33 others like this.
  2. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't own a Flex, but THANK YOU for your hard work and for donating it to the Amateur community.
    And thanks to the QRZ staff for posting it on the homepage where it can be seen by those who may benefit from it. This is a "newsworthy" item!

W3LES, WY9A, K7SWT and 16 others like this.
  3. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed, Beats the usual crud we have to see here from the want to be famous crowd.

N4JBB, N1GKE, K5UZZ and 8 others like this.
  4. KG7HVR

KG7HVR Ham Member QRZ Page

It's definitely important! Thanks qrz for putting it front and center. Thanks Darrin!

N4JBB, K7SWT, VK5FUSE and 4 others like this.
  5. N5LB

N5LB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have used KE9NS's version of PSDR and found it to be very powerful, very trouble free. This software made my Flex 5000 feel like new. The contribution is great.

Thanks Darrin

WB4KJV, NY7Z, K7SWT and 2 others like this.
  6. W1SPS

W1SPS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

would love to see something like this to work with sdrplay and control a rig like IC-7300. I have an IC-7300 with a PTRX-7300 panadapter.

W3LES, N7BSH, WY9A and 4 others like this.
  7. KQ9I

KQ9I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Would it be possible to get this software to do rig control via FLrig, DX Commander or Omni-rig? So that it can be used with a wide range of radios? I currently use HDSDR, Omni-rig and an RTL_SDR rcvr as a panadaptor for my FTDX-1200, and it works great...but this program looks amazing.

K5UZZ likes this.
  8. WB3BMS

WB3BMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After 'lock down' started back in April, I pulled out my FLEX-1500, downloaded the latest ke9ns PowerSDR, got a remote tuner for my in-attic OCF-dipole and have since worked 47 states w/5 watts on FT-8. A big THANK YOU Darin for making this radio BETTER than it was when new.

Also a big THANK YOU to the developers and maintainers of WSJT-X and GridTracker which, for me, are always on when the Flex and PowerSDR are on.

VA3NTI, VK5FUSE and G7DAZ like this.
  9. WD8BP

WD8BP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you KE9NS for taking this software to the next level. I have owned many other Flex model's, but always return to the 5000 series. Robust, stable software that continues to be updated with awesome features. Never an issue with boot-up time,screen lockups,software crashes like I have had on other SDR models. I appreciate the hard work that goes into this software, and adding new features. Thank you. :)

VK5FUSE and G7DAZ like this.
  10. WM9K

WM9K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Love this! Wish it wasn't exclusive to the Flex system. I'm also a 7300 user with the PTRX7300 adapter and wish some of the SDR programs had this interface. Nice work!

WY9A, W5CBO, WB4KJV and 5 others like this.
  11. K7YB

K7YB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Late evening last week ( a dark and stormy night!) Whilst tuning the upper end of 40 phone, I saw a wide burst of data on my FLEX 5000 waterfall that included the KE9NS call sign. Nice!

WD5GWY, VK5FUSE and G7DAZ like this.
  12. 4X5II

4X5II XML Subscriber QRZ Page

some time
    i will have a flex radio

13. DH2ID

DH2ID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been using Darrin's much improved version of PowerSDR for a long time with
    my Flex-3000 and Flex-1500.

VK5FUSE likes this.
  14. K0CV

K0CV Ham Member QRZ Page

Fabulous software. I have used KE9NS's program for quite some time and anytime I had a question or issue, Darrin has been very quick to reply and assist. Many of his features have yet to be included in the more expensive SmartSDR that goes with the 6600 series.

VK5FUSE likes this.
  15. G7DAZ

G7DAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

YAAAAY centre stage for all to see. As stated ^^^ this is a worthy news article; no click-bait, no $$$ for watching video's; nada-zilch !! KE9NS does this for the benefit of others for FREE !!
    I haven't felt to need to upgrade my Flex 5000A for years to something like a 7300/other; no need as this rig (considering it's age) STILL urinates on a massive amount of "modern" rigs (Sherwood stats says it all). It has "more" bells & whistles than most hams are aware of...Darrin has only glossed over some of them on the OP, he was humble IMO with the words "and a bunch more features"

The main picture didn't show that you can have 2 "Panafalls" on at the same time (i very seldon use mine in one receiver mode...no need to) AND with your STEREO headphones/amp you can LISTEN to 3 yes that's 3 different signals using the MULTI RX mode...RX1 in left ear, RX2 in right ear and MULTI RX in both ears !! makes for selective hearing when all 3 signals come through at once lol....mine is configured with the Hercules MP3 LE midi controller that "maps" nearly every function that this miraculous software does; the volume sliders make 3 RX quick and easy to listen too....your 7300 and most of the other "modern" rigs don't do this !!

ZERO wires !! ....yepp no wires to external data boxes/converters/switches/other...it's ALL VIRTUAL and works with everything i can think of; even better when used with DDUTIL and similar software...you can even have the panadapter on a seperate monitor (i forget the name of the software (i have that many) that uses this to display it seperately...i think it's FLDIGI but i could be mistaken)....FT8 is just a pure dream to use.

BALANCED LINE IN !! means i can use (if i choose to that is) my external Digidesign Digi 002 mixing deck in conjunction with Pro-Tools 10 or Logic Pro X or other and use VIRTUAL plugins aka RACKS (without the wires/box !!) (i have hundreds of them) and NOT a wire in sight !! A studio at my fingertips...This makes those "wannabe's" with their Kenwood (i forget the model no.) look lame/amatuerish in comparrison with their ESSB. I don't do ESSB fwiw as i've seen the "havoc" some of the UK hams cause...one guy thinks he's clever/funny to transmit 6Khx upto 10 Khx (at times) on 80m !!...yepp 80m of an evening when the band is almost (sometimes it is) packed !!....i'm ashamed to be a UK ham at times when i see those bell-ends blatantly transmitting so wide; their lame excuse is "experimentation"...no it's not buddy your doing it to piss people off (your QRZ page says as much). The Flex's are so good at audio (in and out) that i could quite easily get by without having to use my studio set-up...Darrin's software has just made the PSDR a pure joy to use and listen to.

There is so so much more i could go on about the Flex's (1500 owned/now sold, 3000 owned/now sold and the 5000A cuurent) but i'll try to keep it short (lol)......suffice to say that until this rig packs up (13 year old and STILL going) I HAVE NO NEED/INTENTION of buying any other rig (apart from a newer Flex) as Darrin's KE9NS PowerSDR software prevents the necessity/need to upgrade.

Before the haters begin to have a go/dig, please remember how old this model is and what it is STILL capable of....oh and FWIW you can stick the Icom 7300/7610 where the sun don't shine...YMMV of course :p

A massive THANK YOU goes out to Darrin KE9NS for all that he does for the OLD Flex's....you sir are a star.

73 de G7DAZ (Darren)

K7YB, W5ZZ, WW3JR and 3 others like this.