ad: TinyPaddle-1

QRO Talk with Matt Qunice AE4MQ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Aug 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KM9G

KM9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Drop in for a chat about how Amps work with Matt... and other Nuggets of wisdom

2. WB6DJI

WB6DJI Ham Member QRZ Page

anyone see this Mike WB6DJI

3. WB6DJI

Anyone go the Virtual HamFest QSOToday ?
    Mike
    WB6DJI

4. WB6DJI

Harder to find Vacuum Tubes these days for Tube Amps
    Mike
    WB6DJI

5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

"When, in 1873, the New Zealand Government introduced the Imbecile Passengers Act,[3] Colonial Secretary Daniel Pollen described this legislation as necessary due to the increasing numbers of 'half-scamps, half-lunatics' sent to the colony by friends and family. Pollen warned that this practice has led to the 'large proportion of lunatics' who needed costly maintenance in institutions. This appears to be a direct political response to the anxiety about the numbers of ne'er-do-wells arriving in New Zealand in this period"

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2020
    W4NNF likes this.
  6. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is ridiculous. Even his most popular video at 3900 views may have possibly made a whopping $20.

If you want to make money on YouTube, ham radio videos is definitely NOT the way to go.

KG5THG, W4NNF and 2E0RLR like this.
  7. KO2Q

KO2Q Lifetime Member 562 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If you don't like these videos, do what I do - don't watch them.

As for "Matt" - never heard of him and not sure what "nuggets of wisdom" I can expect from someone whose been licensed a whole two years.

WE4B, G7DAZ, NL7W and 3 others like this.
  8. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

You certainly aren't doing much for the ham radio community with your bullying comments. If you don't like it don't watch.

9. KI5HNX

KI5HNX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

From the QRZ Code of Conduct:
    3. Unacceptable Behavior

The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
    • Personal insults...
    • Sustained disruption of community activity, including thread poisoning and/or trolling.
    • Public discussion or debate of site moderation, the moderators themselves, or their actions. Such discussions must occur in private using email or PM.
    KM9G seems to have been targeted on here by a very vocal group who do nothing but criticize and throw personal insults at him on a daily basis. Sure, the other YouTube posters get a little criticism because they're not doing it the way it was done in 1969, but for the most part, he's the target day in and day out.

I would say that the incessant criticisms (just look at your history on here) would qualify as "Sustained disruption of community activity and thread poisoning. It's almost impossible to join any thread or discussion on here without having it hijacked by someone with a chip on their shoulder.

The debate over whether or not YouTube videos qualify as "News," even though they're clearly labeled as "Podcast," would qualify as "Public discussion or debate of site moderation, the moderators themselves, or their actions," because they're the ones in charge here.

If you don't like it or feel that you're being short changed because nobody is "monetizing" you for sitting on your butt at home trolling QRZ forums, then follow the last point which states, "Such discussions must occur in private using email or PM."

K9GLS likes this.
  10. W8KJR

W8KJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps there isn't anything for you to learn from it. But for a ham who is considering going QRO for the first time, there is a decent amount of info here.

W6UXB, KG5THG, KI5HNX and 2 others like this.
  11. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

What wasn't true about his comment? I searched and searched for any nugget. I couldn't find a dram!

KO2Q likes this.
  12. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Read slower. Name calling pisses me off.

13. KO2Q

KO2Q Lifetime Member 562 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The "amount" of info may be "decent", but is the quality or accuracy of the info decent? Did Matt actually build his amplifier? If so I'll watch!

Is this a video on amplifier theory, or just a 2-hour online musing of all the things commonly found during a quick Google search?

Someone with a strong constitution please watch this video and advise whether true secrets are revealed or we're just re-inventing the wheel.

Report back if the quality of information matches the amount of information and I'll happily eat my words.

And calling out a low/no information video for what it is can only be construed by the simplest-minded among us as "bullying".

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    WA5KM and NL7W like this.
  14. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

At least one moderator agreed with my simple mindedness and took care of the problem.

KI5HNX likes this.
  15. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Aw.
    Folks get ticked about a great many things these days.
    It's so easy to mash the "report" link and complain.
    At least you have spirit!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020