706 MKIIG memory management

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by N7ZSD, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N7ZSD

N7ZSD Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, is it just me or is the 706 not very friendly for memory management? I really don't need rig control, I just want an effective program to read/write/edit memory banks in my 706. I have downloaded several programs and found every one of them either way to confusing for my liking, or not compatible with the 706, or so old it wont see my com port (anything above com 4). I have a program for my VX6r simply called VX6 commander that works wonderfully. Something along the lines of that program would be ideal for most 706 users. Any ideas?

2. K2FOX

K2FOX Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K5RCD

K5RCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. N7ZSD

I guess I missed that one, looks promising so far. I will give it a try. Thanks!

5. AC0GR

AC0GR Ham Member QRZ Page

This program may read and write Frequency information in and out of your 706's memory, but AFAIK, it is not possible to program the 'Name' or the PL tone information associated with any of the memory locations.

6. N7ZSD

It seems that this is the case with all the software I've seen. I think I read somewhere that it is an issue with the 706, not any of the software. Still, I am finding Memori much easier to use and configure. I'll give it a workout in a day or so and report back here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.