ad: w5yi

6O0CW Somalia

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KC7YRA, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

That was the only time I have heard them thus far. I could hear 6o, but not well enough to understand due to K1MAN at 14.271.5. He went down closer to them just for that reason, like a total *&^%$%^&*.
    I hate that guy.

2. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Continually, working EU and not NA on bands like 10, 12, etc. Even when there is prop...

3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've also had problems hearing them especially since the A index jumped.

4. KR2D

KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not been able to hear 6O0CW well enough to work them. It seems odd because I have no trouble hearing 7O6T, and the two stations are not far from each other. Even when they are both on the same band, and hams from my region are spotting both, I have been able to hear Yemen but not Somalia. Maybe one of the hills that surrounds my QTH is in just the wrong place? Or maybe it's because 7O6T is on an island?

I'll keep listening for them, but not expecting much. A better antenna would probably make them easy to work.

5. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Well, they don't seem to be interested in working NA on 12 or 10, but really focusing on EU. I suppose being IT operation, that would be why...

I have waited days for a shot on 12 or 10, but they just won't do it...

About all they do for our area is some 17 and 15...

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't heard them at all in SoCal. Atleast we can sometimes hear the 7O

7. EI2GLB

EI2GLB Guest

with the big end of year expedition called off this one will get even harder to work now

8. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

I was shocked to see them on 20M SSB making simplex contacts--but they say right on their web page that they want to contact as many different stations as possible--they don't want to rework QSOs they made in past operations. It couldn't have been a pirate--I'm in the log :D

9. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked last evening at 0141Z straight over the pole 5-9+ on 20 SSB from Oregon

10. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked them about the same time from Wisconsin..on my dipole. Strong signal (at least THEIRS was!). Somalia AND Yemen...a good DX weekend here! Took a lot of trying though - I need to get my beam up!

I checked immediately and I was in their log. Also they have a link to fill out a form and send PayPal funds to pay postage to get a QSL card, and I don't have to send one myself (not that they'd have any use for it anyway). Much better than messing around with buying IRC's, paying postage over there, addressing an envelope etc. I REALLY like that concept. Could get expensive after a while, but for a card you really want it's GREAT for the impatient :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.