ad: Waters-2

6O0CW Somalia

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KC7YRA, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member

Another one for the east coast.

This one went easier than 7O6T. I busted this one out in just a few minutes.

But I could kill the broadcaster 1kc up. Made me pull my hair out as i beat every bit of filtering on my radio so it let me hear JUST enough to work them.

This gonna suck out west. Other Somalia stories?

Brad

2. WW3QB

WW3QB Ham Member

Got them 15m CW, on the first day.

For the west coast, it's another polar path. Good luck.

3. W4PG

W4PG Moderator Staff Member

Worked them on 15 cw earlier today.

4. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member

I only have one contact with Somalia from 1983 on phone.
    Guess I'll give it a go for a CW contact at least.

5. W6GX

W6GX XML Subscriber

The broadcaster probably helped you get the QSO. I was in the same pile up as you. I noticed that there were not too many callers, most likely due to the QRM. I pulled out all the stops to get rid of the QRM but he's way too close for the DSP to do any good. I found his listening frequency and made my call. I had to repeal my callsign a few times just to be sure he got it, as it was difficult for me to copy his confirmation. His signal was no better than 7O6T.

Anyone know if an on-line log exist?

Jonathan W6GX

6. NW9R

NW9R Ham Member

Definitely another back yard DX pedition for East Coast. The broadcaster on 271 is K1MAN.

7. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member

Brad I only have heard them 2 times and both were to weak for a solid copy and I need them. There are 4 would be new ones out there for me right NOW and I only have 1 of them.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber

I heard them DIRT WEAK, and 1000s of callers. Just about the same situation as the 7O. Lotsa LUCK from SOCAL without SUNSPOTS!!!

9. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member

You may be in luck:

bigspot_strip.jpg

10. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member

worked them first call on 15m CW. 20M SSB op is a moran. i already have 6O confirmed so this was just for giggles.

11. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

Pretty easy here. Got them on 20 ssb 1 call, 15 cw 2 calls.

yes, I know this isn't the west coast but you guys got spratly!!!

12. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member

Worked on 20 ssb for certain and likely on 15. had to take a break from the sheer stupidity that was 7.004 last night....

13. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member

tta tta tta tta tta tta tta tta

14. W4PG

W4PG Moderator Staff Member

You SteppIR'd right on them!!

15. WM3O

WM3O Ham Member

i don't have a SteppIR and was able to exactly the same. resonate antennas aren't magical.

16. NW9R

NW9R Ham Member

GOt them on 21 CW and 20 SSB which was a zoo up in the General portion with the K1MAN jamming...

They weren't super strong and with the QRMing, didn't help.

Worked them some time back as T5GG.

So not a new one, but nice to refresh the modes listing I try to maintain...

I love it when the OP will ask "who's the 4 Radio" and believe it or not, there must be 1000 guys out there with those characters in thier call! Hi.

17. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member

I heard you on 15 CW working him. i too got my first Somalia from T5GG. I've workd 6O0N since then but (oddly) all of my T5/6O QSOs have been on the low bands (80, 40 and 20). 6O0CW was a new on one 15 and hopefully will be able to lock up 10 - 17.

18. NW9R

NW9R Ham Member

Heard you make your contact also..remember, I am looking up your "backside"...Hi.

The amount of nonsense was pathetic....best if these ops go outside the US band plan and listen up somewhere....then again, I doubt that would the lids...took a bit for the fellow to get the call correct, or hear it correctly...another reason I prefer CW. No dialect issues, phonetics, etc. Works faster, smoother and more Q's.

One day, K1MAN will be off the air and no more jammin.....

19. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

I don't play the gain game.

But...

I don't need a tuner for the WARC bands, and I can shift 180 degrees in 2 seconds.

Enjoy wearing out your rotor and heating up the shack with your tuner.

20. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member

Got that right... but in reality even guys with lesser antennas could work them rather easily.

I have an hour tops for DXing most evenings, so getting in and out of the pileups quickly makes my life much easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.