ad: MLSons-1

Hamvention QSO Party Saturday May 16!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8HJR, Mar 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. W8HJR

W8HJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's celebrate the many years we have all had at the Great Gathering we call Hamvention. We also want to remember Ron Moorefield W8ILC who never missed a Hamvention and contributed to our club until his recent death.Let's light up the airwaves with our remembrances of Hamventions of the past! See you on the air! K3LR, Tim Duffy and W8CI, Michael Kalter.

Here is the deal: 12 hour event, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EDST on Saturday of Hamvention May 16, 2020. Operate CW or SSB on 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters. The exchange is a signal report and first year you attended Hamvention. If you have never attended Hamvention you send 2020.

Send your score (number of QSOs) to 3830scores.com within 5 days of the event. You can print a certificate on line via www.HVQP.org. More details will appear on the Hamvention QSO Party web site being set up now.

Special bonus: W8BI, the club call of the Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA is the host of Hamvention) will be activated by designated DARA members from their home stations. You can add 10 points for each band/mode QSO with W8BI (12 available). So you can earn 120 bonus points (like having 120 additional QSOs).

WA4KFZ, N8KET, K9EZ and 14 others like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome idea!

K5VZD and N3TDE like this.
  3. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

4. N6VL

N6VL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I love the idea! But why CW and SSB only? I never work those modes? What about digital modes like RTTY and PSK31?

KE8JNU likes this.
  5. KJ6TSX

KJ6TSX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think JS8Call would be a great contesting platform

KE8JNU and N6VL like this.
  6. N2NOW

N2NOW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

very nice...

7. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

what about digital modes, what about voip !!!!

we are an integral part of ham radio as well, but we never get the credit that is due

KE8JNU and N6VL like this.
  8. N4BCD

N4BCD Ham Member QRZ Page

CQ Dayton, CQ Dayton!

Anything cooked up by K3LR and W8CI should be fun, and looking forward to hearing our dear friends up north on the air.

See you in the pile-ups,

Mark N4BCD

9. K3LR

K3LR Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of the new digital modes don't work with the year exchange. You can certainly make digital QSOs and have fun - this is a celebration of Hamvention - with very few rules. Get on the air and have fun!

Tim K3LR

K9EZ likes this.
  10. ZL1PDT

ZL1PDT Ham Member QRZ Page

HI,
    Great to hear that it is HAM RADIO and NOT MURDER (FT8 ) and that Crap out on it radio is not dead is that stuff that kills ham radio it is GREAT we will try you guy from way down under (ZL) New Zealand

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

STRONGLY suggest listing preferred frequencies....other contests on that weekend.

12. K7STU

K7STU Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like fun. I'm in. See you on the bands.

13. K3LR

K3LR Ham Member QRZ Page

HI Chip:

Great idea - I will add those soon
    Stay Safe and 73
    Tim K3LR

14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

GL in CT OM!

15. VE3PKM

VE3PKM Ham Member QRZ Page

great just what we need another contest to screw up the hf bands