ad: chuckmartin

ARRL SW Division Director Speaks at QuartzFest

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K7VZ, Jan 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K7VZ

K7VZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Jan. 24, 2020
    QuartzFest 2020 has wrapped up with over 800 hams camping in the Arizona desert for a week. Many seminars and activities were held, including an ARRL Forum on Friday. Fresh off his trip to Newington for the January BoD meeting, Southwest Division Director Dick Norton N6AA spoke to the crowd.

[​IMG]

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee, at the end of the video, He sure dodged all the specific questions....Particularly, the Tech enhancement issue.

His 2.9 KHz example in Alaska is an insult to my (and yours) intelligence.

KT5OT and K0IDT like this.
  3. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

He really needs to do more research. As an ARRL Director he should be familiar with the IARU band plans and in particular the JA band plan where, in both instances, bands are separated by mode and bandwidth.

The last 10 minutes of this told me everything I needed to know about why he voted no on the July BoD resolution in minute 31.

K0UO likes this.
  4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

I liked the bit about we don't need FCC regulations to change because libraries all around the country will have to buy updated federal rules books.

5. N5ZUA

N5ZUA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He passed the buck on uncontrolled jammers in So Cal. When I see him driving around with directional finding gear on his roof, then I might take him more serious. Fat chance.

KT5OT likes this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are going to represent a group of hams it's best to at least know as much as they do about the prominent issues.

KT5OT and K0UO like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't know everything:)

The best thing to say is: 'that's not who I am, but I am going to get educated on this so I can better represent you.'

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the realm of the VM's. If you need to bring specifics to their attention I can pass that along for you....

9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This is the 1st time in 8 years that I have not been at QuartzFest, and I heard that they had the BEST WX in years!!!!

The XYL and I are headed to Hamcation in Orlando FL, but will be back in AZ next year.

W1YW and K7VZ like this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Come for birthday cake at the Drury on Friday night after 9:30pm in lobby:)

Chillin' and hangin'....join us! All!

K0UO likes this.