ad: Alphaant-1

Tunisia issues personal licenses to operate

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jan 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Tunisia issues personal licenses to operate

The first three Authorizations to Operate have been issued to 3 Tunisian radio amateurs. These are the first issued since 1956

The IARU Region 1 site reports:

3V8HB, 3V8MN and 3V1MB will soon be on the air from their homes rather than being restricted to operating from a club station.

Issuing individual authorisations to operate is a new process in Tunisia and involves a number of stages, including equipment conformity checks.

This is great news for Tunisians that the process now exists so that radio amateurs can practice their hobby from homes in full compliance with the Tunisian Laws.
    The IARU Member Society ARAT extends its thanks to the National Agency of Frequencies, the Ministry of Telecommunications and all involved parties for making this happen.

IARU Region 1 https://iaru-r1.org/

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2020/january/tunisia-issues-personal-licenses-to-operate.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DH9FAX, JP1EOM, LU8EMT and 17 others like this.
  2. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

This can only be good news for Tunisians.

KF4ZKU, LU8EMT, ON8EI and 2 others like this.
  3. AD5NM

AD5NM Ham Member QRZ Page

Outstanding.

KF4ZKU likes this.
  4. W0PN

W0PN Ham Member QRZ Page

Great news for our fellow hams in Tunisia!

KF4ZKU likes this.
  5. KA4AQM

KA4AQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Look at it this way to all my ham friends. Even with band conditions we suffer today, most can still hear diligent Italian stations calling "CQ" to North America. Agree?? OK, now get out a map or whatever you use to locate worldwide countries. Got it? OK, now find TUNISIA. Find it? OK, now look at how close Italy is to Tunisia. Conclusion in loose terms....if you can work Italy on 100 watts and a wire...then good chances are, you can work Tunisia...GL!

KF4ZKU, KA2TMU, JP1EOM and 9 others like this.
  6. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

One thing that has been great about ham radio is that I have learned more geography then I ever learned in school.

KF4ZKU, DH9FAX, JP1EOM and 15 others like this.
  7. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to Tunisian Hams...please call me! 73 Des

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Not at all the case near Seattle. Location is everything. I hear Japan WALL TO WALL and a lot of China and Korea but only rarely hear Italian stations these days much less Tunisia

But the sun will one day soon have spots again and it will all change for the better :)

Dave
    W7UUU

K7SKE, N5XKG, KS4TD and 2 others like this.
  9. AK5CT

AK5CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You really do not appreciate the freedom that we have in our hobby until you read something like this. No individual licenses since 1956, no home stations - it is hard for us to imagine such things.

Also, I totally agree with KG5THG. When I got into Ham, I realized how little I knew about geography, except for the major countries.

Congratulations to our Tunisia Ham friends, we'll be watching for you on the air.

KF4ZKU, JP1EOM, N5XKG and 4 others like this.
  10. K3LU

K3LU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is positive progress and great news!

11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Very good news indeed!!

Dave
    W7UUU

12. EA2XG

EA2XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations to our tunisian hobby partners

13. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

The More the Merrier! :)

14. KI4QVB

KI4QVB Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoy, good news.

15. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

From where I live - mediterranean area is the most frequently covered area with Israel and Canary islands being on the border for the first E layer reflection. Italians and Russians are the most frequent contacts that can be made from here.

So Tunisia should be pretty easy for me.