ad: CQMM-1

AnyTone AT-D578UV III PRO In-Depth Review DMR Mobile

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Dec 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The AnyTone AT-D578UVIIIPRO is an amateur radio DMR and FM mobile transceiver for VHF, 220MHz and UHF (Tri-band). It has a full duplex dual receiver with crossmode and crossband capabilities. It also has many cool features like APRS, DMR Roaming and many more.

73 Pascal VA2PV

AnyTone_AT-D578UVIIIPRO_EN_HD.jpg

2. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the review Pascal. Looks like a lot of nice features. I’m going to wait until it comes out with a remote head capability. There just isn’t any space for a whole radio in my dashboard.

KN0A likes this.
  3. N2SAB

N2SAB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree, they definitely need a remote head option. Mounting space is at a premium.

KN0A likes this.
  4. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

interface with a PI3 on allstar & you have a cross link from DMR to FM allstar

N2IDD likes this.
  5. ON5ANI

ON5ANI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Super for dmr !! Perfect modulation. N

6. KE4ITL

KE4ITL Ham Member QRZ Page

I've said for years that mobiles need a detachable head as a standard feature. There hasn't been much real estate in vehicles for mobile radios since the 1990s.

FWIW, any mobile that I put in my car HAS to have a detachable head. There's just not enough room for a non detachable head mobile.

K0ATV, W0AMT and UT7UX like this.
  7. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video.

I own the D878UV, and I primarily use it with out statewide DMR network in SC. The network is built well enough that I have been all over the state and have been able to access the system from the HT with a rubber duck from inside my car. For that simple reason, I felt absolutely no need for a DMR mobile. However, I did not know about the cross-mode repeat. That is suddenly making the radio tempting.

8. N2IDD

N2IDD Ham Member QRZ Page

Great Review. So far I like the ease of Code Plug exchange between the 878 and 578.

9. KH6DC

KH6DC Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be great that there's a separation kit. Space is almost zilch in my truck and I could mount he head in an unused pocket and the rest under either passenger or driver's front seat. I haven't sprung for this yet and waiting.

W0AMT likes this.
  10. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks nice, but a lot of these "off brand" radios don't have the detachable face like a lot are mentioning.
    Probably the reason why the "major" brands are still in my mobile, though I'd consider it for home use, since in that case it doesn't matter as much.

11. W4EAE

While Anytone isn't a 'major brand,' they have definitely made a name for themselves by making a very couple of very high quality HTs.

Plus, the big three do not make DMR radios; nor do they make radios that crossband repeater any digital mode to FM.

And Motorola cannot even be bothered to make one single amateur radio.

N2IDD likes this.
  12. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

You whant a "seriuos" dmr radio ? buy ....an Motorola or Hytera !

and for ALL the radio made in China :

And most of these radios dont have AM mode, which can be handy for tracking down QRM, power line noise and other noise issues.

Rather than going very cheap it would be nice if these Chinese manufacturers do something bold like designing radios with decent receiver performance, bandpass filters that make them perform beyond expectations in polluted RF environments rather than making useless toys that overload every time you go downtown.

73 :-(

13. W4EAE

Hytera is a Chinese manufacturer.

14. KA0ODP

KA0ODP Ham Member QRZ Page

That has to been one of the best review videos I've seen. All my questions were answered. I'm going to buy one.

VA2PV likes this.
  15. W4EAE

I know that this thread has been around for a while, but I just acquired and AT-D578UV; and I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me.

Is there any way to change the channel from the microphone (other than typing in the channel number with the keypad)?

I would have thought that the 'up' and 'down' buttons on the top of the mic would do this, but those buttons seem to do absolutely nothing.

I have programmed the 'B' and 'C' keys on the mic to scroll through the zones, but I want to be able to scroll through channels within a zone as well without having to reach down to turn the knob on the radio.