ad: elecraft

HR2.0-232: Yaesu FTM-7250DR System Fusion Mobile Radio Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Sep 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I get to review the newest Dual Band Yaesu Fusion Mobile Radio from Yaesu, the FTM-7250. This is more of a lower-end, consumer grade radio, at least as far as price goes. They cut some of the features from their previous dual band mobile radios to lower the price, but the features of this one are still great. Check out the video, and also watch the end for a small snippet of the WIRES-x 40448 Room with the YouTubers Fusion Net

Be sure to subscribe for more Ham Radio video: https://goo.gl/6hjh2J

If you want to support me, follow my Patreon link: https://goo.gl/FkESU6

KG4BFR likes this.
  2. K7CB

K7CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I once asked you how one gets started doing videos and how one gets retailers/manufacturers to loan radios to be reviewed because I've thought about starting my own...but for some reason, while you answered other questions I had, you wouldn't answer that one.

3. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham Radio 3.0
    :p:eek::cool:

KA2FIR likes this.
  4. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Generally, we don't get much freebies or loaners. The couple of channels that do get loaners have been making videos for a really long time and spent a while working with different brands/companies.

KC5HWB likes this.
  5. W9JTC

W9JTC Ham Member QRZ Page

Always enjoy watching your videos. I was looking at the 7250 as a possible replacement on the base for the FTM-3200DR but not really any traffic in my area on UHF other than DMR. All fusion here is on VHF and DMR on UHF. No D-Star nearby at all. I suppose if I went into Chicago I might find a repeater. Thanks for posting!!!

6. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hosh is correct with his above reply.

If you sent me that question, I must have missed it. I do try to answer all questions in email, but sometimes I miss some things.

I had well over 100 videos on my channel before anyone ever gave me a free radio to review. Sometimes manufacturers will give you a radio to review, then ask you to do a give-away with it, which is always fun to do and a good way to support your channel. But that means you can't keep the radio.

If you do start your own channel, find a niche inside of Ham Radio to focus on. And send me the channel info, we would welcome you to our YouTubers group also.

7. VK2JKN

VK2JKN Ham Member QRZ Page