ad: Sussex-1

The Ultimate SDR Radio Order!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, May 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello everyone,

Finally, the moment you've been waiting for, my new ham radio setup for 2019! I received almost 6 feet tall of boxes!

This Ultimate SDR Radio Order! Including the new ICOM IC-9700, the ICOM IC-7610 and the ICOM IC-7300. With many genuine accessories, the SP-38 (x2) external speakers matching the IC-9700 and the IC-7300, the SP-41 (x2) external speakers matching the IC-7610, the RC-28 remote encoder, the RS-BA1v2 ICOM remote software for their radios, the SM-50 desktop microphone and the IC-7300 carrying handle the MB-123.

Let me know what you think and stay tune for all the reviews to come.

73 Pascal VA2PV

ICOM_SDR_Radios_Thumb.jpg

M0YYO, K4AGO, WB4M and 11 others like this.
  2. N5GIT

N5GIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Dang you musa hit the lottery!

N4BAJ, WQ4G and VA2PV like this.
  3. VA2SS

VA2SS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is your best sponsored deal ever Pascal! Keep going!

73 de Jeff | VA2SS

4. VA2PV

Hi Jeff, it's not the case, this winter I sold many radios so I could make this order, but there it is! 73 Pascal VA2PV. 73

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    KA0HCP and KD8SU like this.
  5. VA2PV

I wish. I've been a ham since 1991 and accumulated my radio dollars, upgrading a bit at the time. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't play golf, so ham radio and videos are my only hobbies. This winter I sold many radios so I could make this order, but there it is! 73 Pascal VA2PV

KB9WVK, K4AGO, W4ABC and 4 others like this.
  6. N8GGO

N8GGO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very, Very nice station. Enjoy your new toys. Icom makes some great equipment...Rick, N8GGO.

K4AGO likes this.
  7. VA2SS

VA2SS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi! Hi! Sorry for confusion. You should let me know first, we can’t guess... Hi Hiiiiiiiiii ‼️ ..... with all the equipments you had... it was not an issue for buying replacement... and the hobby is great!

You will have a nice shack Pascal! Keep us posted!

73 de Jeff | VA2SS

VA2PV likes this.
  8. K4RHS

K4RHS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very impressive!!!

VA2PV likes this.
  9. N3HKN

N3HKN Ham Member QRZ Page

The results will be very interesting. I HOPE that this will not set a standard of performance that requires a large cash outlay for a Ham moving to SDR. We already have the ARRL with plenty of artificial contests that require lots of money to be at the top of the charts. Those sensible Hams that self-compete should drool but not bite.

VA2PV likes this.
  10. VA2PV

It's funny to see the people's reaction, it's like it seems to good to be true, some even think I won the lottery, hihi. With this move I knew it would have this effect and that's been intentional as a content creator. FYI, see my video below post on January 12, saying that I sold my Kenwood TS-990 with the two SP-990, also sold the TS-2000 with the SP-23 and the MC-60. I also sold many other items. 73

KF4ZKU likes this.
  11. VA2PV

Hi Richard, as mentioned in my video the IC-7300 is a very good entry-level SDR with very good performance, it's also simple to operate as it is standalone, plus I think the price is affordable for most hams. On the other hand, the most important part of the hobby is to be active no matter what equipment you used. Some hams still used boat anchor and are still having fun with many QSO's. 73 Pascal VA2PV

K7LZR and KA2K like this.
  12. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

VA2PV - Where form meets function. Nicely done. I was wondering if you built or purchased the shelves.

VA2PV likes this.
  13. PY2RAF

PY2RAF Ham Member QRZ Page

"SDR" right - More like a Digital Codec. Haven't seen these radios exporting high quality I/Q stream over USB port to do something in a PC.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

K2NCC likes this.
  14. VA2PV

Hi Scott, thanks. The shelve are two coffee table that I bought at IKEA and that I modified over time to fit my need. See the video below. 73 Pascal VA2PV

KA2K likes this.
  15. VA2PV

Hi Rodrigo, I can't say I do not play much with I/Q stream, maybe in the future. 73 Pascal VA2PV