ad: k1jek

Last week for the 2019 State of the Hobby survey!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N8RMA, Mar 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N8RMA

N8RMA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

icon.png
    Just a friendly reminder / call to action - the 2019 State of the Hobby survey is in its final week of accepting responses!

I'm sad to report, the response rate has dramatically slowed and after three weeks we're 500 responses from matching the total last year. The larger the response pool is, the better (more accurate) the data will be - if you haven't completed the survey please help us out. Most concerning of all, only 16% of respondents reported taking this survey before. If you are one of the 2500 or so who have done it in the years past, please consider doing it again for 2019.

This survey is important for hams around the world for a few reasons. First, we need data independent from regulatory and commercial bodies about the topics that impact us. Second, this benchmark can help us determine what is working and what is not in the ham radio community. This can involve participation, recruitment, mentoring and licensing. It can also help identify new and emerging trends in amateur radio. It's our chance to learn what we can about our community and make it the best it can be for now and in the future.

And now, for a personal plea. This is a labor of love. I thoroughly enjoy administering this survey, modeling the data and preparing the results. I love the conversations that stem from the survey results, the feedback I get and people I meet every spring in March. The survey needs you to continue - it wouldn't be possible without each and every person who took the time to complete the survey. A HUGE thank you. You're the real MVP.

Also, give me a call on DMR BM TG3100 this weekend. I'd love to have a QSO with you and would be happy to respond to questions.

http://www.radiosoth.org/2019/03/2019-state-of-hobby-survey.html

KH6KG and K2NCC like this.
  2. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Link was somewhat hidden in the blog section heading.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    K4AGO and N2AMM like this.
  3. N8RMA

If possible, please try and use the link I provided. This helps me better understand traffic for the final report.

I can see hits to my blog but not to the survey in short.

At the end of the day, I just really appreciate people taking the survey however!

Thank you all!

K9CTB and K3CGG like this.
  4. KA2K

Click on the heading that reads:
    State of the Hobby Survey
    It is not real apparent that this links the survey. We were looking for the survey on the blog pages - it's not there. Maybe a "Click here to take the survey" ?

5. N8RMA

Excellent feedback - I totally agree!

I've included a screenshot to help with the confusion.

[​IMG]

6. KA2K

The survey only takes a few minutes to complete. No essay questions. Let your opinions known. Take the survey.

N8RMA likes this.
  7. KA1SU

KA1SU Ham Member QRZ Page

Where's the link to the survey? Been in the hospital for a couple weeks with surgery so I might just be missing it. I want to participate as I feel this is important.

8. AE7XG

AE7XG Ham Member QRZ Page

ok so this is the second time i'm trying to do this. As stated above what link...…..;

9. W4KDN

W4KDN Ham Member QRZ Page

I participated in the survey but like a few others, found the link to the survey difficult to find. How about a "Click Here to Enter Survey" button?

WA2LXB likes this.
  10. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

11. KE8BHP

KE8BHP Ham Member QRZ Page

I put my .02 cents in

NU4R and N2NOW like this.
  12. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I did the survey but thought it a bit to long.

13. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Bring back the CW test!

K4AGO, NU4R, N2NOW and 1 other person like this.
  14. AF7EC

AF7EC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, it wasn't super intuitive for me, either. It looked like a header instead of a link. Maybe consider changing the text as others have mentioned, or make it a button or something...

15. N7SNW

N7SNW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Made my entry.