ad: elecraft

Ham Talk Live! Episode 157 - Youth Contest Team for CQWW WPX at K3LR "Team Exuberance"

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Mar 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (3/21) at 9 pm EDT on Ham Talk Live! Marty Sullaway, NN1C (ex-KC1CWF) and other members of "Team Exuberance", a team of experienced youth contesters that will participate in the CQ WorldWide WPX contest at the end of March from K3LR, will take your calls and questions. They will talk about their plans, how this opportunity came about, and how they are planning the event from top to bottom.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube. A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM on Saturday nights at approximately 6:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-650-9556 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

K3LR_pan.jpg 33862462_1539951845102037_r.jpeg IMG_9780.jpg marty.jpg

2. AE2B

AE2B Ham Member QRZ Page

CHA CHING

3. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool!

4. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very nice Gang, Good luck and the most important part have fun and hone your skills looking forward to working you in the contest, Oh and just a little envious of the station you will get to operate from :) Hi Hi. 73's

5. N2RRA

N2RRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Lucky kids!! Jealous. Always had dreamed and fantasized about one day sitting in one of those seats at K3LR on contest day. Even building a station like it. Enjoy guys!

6. LA6VQ

LA6VQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck, guys (and gals?). Looking forward to work you. Please, listen for the only LC6 mult on the air.

73 Frode LA6VQ & LC6C

7. W8QAS

W8QAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if that fantastic girl in the right side picture remembers the little people she left behind when she became famous? What an incredible ham and fine young lady she has become (her other active ham sister too!!). What an asset for Team Exuberance! 73

8. AC2XC

AC2XC Ham Member QRZ Page

ive been to that station. watch the record score they will have with the huge firepower at the fingertips ! can you say WORLD RECORD SCORE

9. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Am I envious of "K3LR'S SETUP?" NOPE!!! I figure competing in a "TEST" is using the run-of-the-mill gear and using regular ants instead of multi-acre ant. farms, as it goes to prove with LARGE AMTs OF $$$ you can do anything, and in a sense buying Qs!!! Fortunately their competing against other "BIG-BOY MULTI-MULTIs" in their class!!! Am I sour-grapes??? NO!!! Just our opinion!!!

10. NN1C

NN1C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We hope to work you from K3LR. We are all lucky that we each get to enjoy contesting however we see fit. The NN6 prefix should be pretty rare in CQ WPX SSB, so I hope you get on!

K7SKE, K1DJB and WB9VPG like this.
  11. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Go Bryant KG5HVO!

WB9VPG likes this.
  12. N3HEE

N3HEE Ham Member QRZ Page

They made 6008 QSO's with 1428 WPX prefixes for a score of 23,796,192 points ! That's impressive ! Great work Team Exuberance ! I fear this will not be their last contest :)

K7SKE and K5VZD like this.
  13. K7SKE

K7SKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Super cool! Back in 1998-2000, I ran with the group from NK7U in Baker City, with Joe Rudi. That was a blast, operating a mult -op from there. Several towers full of antennas.....definitely a fun time!