ad: CQMM-1

First Weekly Winner Named in the QRZ 25th Anniversary Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Sep 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We're celebrating our 25th anniversary with a huge amateur radio equipment and prize giveaway! Today we've chosen our first weekly winner! Theodore Alexander, W8IXY has won a one year Platinum subscription to QRZ as well as a complimentary Callsign Wall Certificate. Congratulations to Theodore and good luck to the rest of our participants. To see the other prizes available please visit our Prize Forum.

We have received 25,000 entries to the contest already and you still have a chance to enter once per day from now through December 5th! Entering the sweepstakes is easy - simply visit our newly designed Trivia Challenge page and complete the daily quiz. Each time you complete the daily quiz, your call will be entered into the sweepstakes. It's as simple as that. Your trivia scores are not used in the sweepstakes, only the number of quizzes that you've completed. You may play the quiz and enter once per day until the main sweepstakes drawing on December 5, 2018.

No purchase or subscription of any kind is required to participate. Buying a subscription or any product or service from QRZ or any of its advertisers or sponsors will NOT increase your chances of winning. This sweepstakes is designed for your fun and enjoyment, and potentially a great prize.

You can enter the sweepstakes now by going to The QRZ 25th Anniversary Trivia page

For a complete rundown on the rules and eligibility requirements, please visit the Sweepstakes Rules page.

We hope that everyone has fun and best wishes to all. Good Luck!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    YC1JZK, AA7BQ, AG5IX and 12 others like this.
  2. KP4KZ

KP4KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

happy 25th anniversary and thank you for the sweepstake, good luck to all participants and the rig belongs to ME … LOL...

KU4GW/SK2023 likes this.
  3. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fun and educational at the same time; thank you, QRZ!

AG5IX likes this.
  4. KD9KNJ

KD9KNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! W8IXY...
    "Fun and educational at the same time; thank you, QRZ!" ( DITTO )

W8IXY, AG5IX and K9ASE like this.
  5. N8QQE

N8QQE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This was a very good idea by the higherups at QRZ.com. Great way to keep us captivated and the prizes are top notch. Thank you very much. :)

W8IXY, KE0DZW, N0CEL and 1 other person like this.
  6. KE0DZW

KE0DZW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a lot of fun, thank you QRZ

K9ASE and N8QQE like this.
  7. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's OK I'm not greedy. I'm hoping for the Heil package or android DMR

NK2U likes this.
  8. EA1AUO

EA1AUO Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! W8IXY 73 and good dx

W8IXY likes this.
  9. K5KTF

K5KTF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats IXY!
    I have all the radios I need ( I know.. BLASPHEMY!) and good mics/headsets, so Id be happy with the analyzer! :) My old 259 (no A/B/C...an original) is getting ragged!
    The quiz is really showing me how little I know of old ham trivia.

10. K6UMA

K6UMA Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats, W8IXY!

W8IXY likes this.
  11. KB0HAW

KB0HAW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm really loving this contest question thing every morning. Currently, it is beating the pants off of 20 Meters for entertainment value, in my opinion.

12. N8TUW

N8TUW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks . Was interesting learned a few things . and had a little fun at doing it.

13. KF7WAG

KF7WAG Ham Member QRZ Page

Only Got one incorrect In a quiz yesterday, I’m supposedly entered Into It also.

14. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W8IXY Congrats!!!
    Now Icom has ponied up and one lucky ham could win an Icom 7610 I am a Yaesu guy but I could get used to It ;)

W8IXY likes this.
  15. AA0RI

AA0RI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats IXY & Thanks QRZ, It's fun and I'm amazed about how much I've forgotten. Of course some of it I don't think I ever knew until the quizes.

W8IXY likes this.