ad: UR5CDX-1

Wave Talkers: new site to help you get licensed or upgrade

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W6AH, Sep 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W6AH

W6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

When I upgraded to Extra last month I wanted a way to help new hams get licensed and existing hams upgrade to General and Extra, so I created the new site http://wavetalkers.com

The site gives you instant feedback on every question for all 3 exams and there's a Quick Review feature that lets you focus just on the correct answers. The site is designed to be mobile first, so it works great on all Android and iOS smart phones and scales all the way to the desktop.

My goal was to create a great companion site for any Ham Class, or self study with either the ARRL books or the Gordon West books.

The site just launched this morning, and I'll be adding additional features as time goes on.

Please let me know what you think of the site.

73!
    KM6PVT
    chris mattia

[​IMG]

KC5TGT, KL7KN, KG7OOM and 5 others like this.
  2. KJ4PJK

KJ4PJK Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome great work!!!!

W6AH likes this.
  3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will look at this closer when I have time, but how many questions are there in the Extra exam?

And how many correct answers equal an Extra exam passing score?

Not off to a very good start so far.

4. W6AH

W6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, fixed.

5. AB3TQ

Yes, you fixed the "Home Page", but click on BEGIN for the Extra exam. The great majority of Group Numbers and Question Numbers listed are a total fabrication.

And when you fix that I will point out the next problem.

6. W6AH

W6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, fixed. What else have you found?

7. AB3TQ

I can't actually review it because Section E9H crashes as not found. Do others crash as well?

I point to that section because that is why there are NOT 113 questions in Section E9.

There is no appearance of # E9A3 in the Extra exam. The NCVEC must have missed it. So while there is a question E9H11 there are only 10 questions in E9H and only 112 question in E9.

Fix those missing review pages and then I will check them - thoroughly.

8. W6AH

W6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

ah, damn, when I moved the site from development to production there was a folder of changes that didn't get unpacked. Thanks for catching that. They were all manually unpacked in dev. I just unpacked them on the production site, so that should fix a bunch of other issues with the Extra pool. Thanks!

N4AWP likes this.
  9. AB3TQ

Glad I could help. Obviously I am far too familiar with the exams (because of a different amateur instructional product I assist with). I look forward to reviewing the improvements. I would take anything else I find to PM.

Note: I notice that "missing" question was deleted. I see that you are still counting that non existent question. Your site. Your decision how to handle it. But that does confuse the count of 712.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  10. W6AH

W6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

Much thanks for the detailed look. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you find other issues. 73! KM6PVT

11. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

]
    Good JOB... Nice... 73
    N9LYA

W6AH likes this.
  12. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is what occurs for me on the Tech paqe, other pages OK

Not Found

The requested URL /e2/e2.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

13. W6AH

W6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks for the heads up, the whole tech section is back up.

14. WI4WD

WI4WD Ham Member QRZ Page

No good deed goes unpunished. Great effort. Keep working on it

W6AH likes this.
  15. W6AH

W6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks!