ad: Alphaant-1

Icom has corrected the IC-7610 firmware defect that prevented spectrum display by 3rd party apps

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA6YQ, Jul 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Today, Icom released firmware version 1.11 for the IC-7610 that corrects the "missing preamble in scope data packet" defect in firmware version 1.10.

Many thanks to Icom for their rapid response!

- Tom N1MM (N1MM Logger+)
    - Tom DL2RUM (RumLog)
    - Tom VA2VSQ (Win4IcomSuite)
    - Chen W7AY (Icom Panadapter)
    - Dave AA6YQ (DXLab)

F4HPX, N9PBD, KA0HCP and 3 others like this.
  2. 2E0EUG

2E0EUG XML subscriber QRZ Page

Unlike Yaesu who still haven't corrected the Birdie on their panadaptors on the FT991A and ftdx3000 LOL

W3KKO likes this.
  3. 2E0EUG

2E0EUG XML subscriber QRZ Page

Oh look its another one

4. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

YAESU = Yet Another Excuse Simply Useless.Kind of explains why they rarely ever fix things & just release another POS with more issues that never get fixed & people who are blind sheep just keep buying the Crap?

Clayton
    W4KVW

KB5CUS, W2NPR, NN6EE and 1 other person like this.
  5. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does the 7300 also have this? How are they eliminating the LO pip w/w effecting a signal that may be on or near that freq?

6. K6CTW

K6CTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good news is that they can fix things like that with a firmware update and no need to replace hardware. My dad was a big Icom fan. Still have his 735 and 728. However, I still love my Drake 2-B. Still my favorite after 50+ years!

N8VIL likes this.
  7. NI0F

NI0F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same question, did they fix the 7300? I don't see any updates on the Icom site. The latest firmware also wiped out RS-BA1 which I use extensively so hoping they fixed it as well.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

They would rather you buy a new radio.

Firmware alone can not fix everything.

9. W6ERM

W6ERM Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you get the help you need OM... and I'll pray for you, God Bless!

WC4R and NU4R like this.
  10. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The IC-7300's firmware update did not introduce the "missing preamble in scope data packet" defect.

If RSBA-1 is not working correctly with your IC-7300, then I suggest that you contact Icom Support.

11. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey MODERATOR aren't you going to chastise this guy for BEING TRUTHFUL ABOUT "YAESU" LIKE I WAS ABOUT "MFJ"??? Because if you don't then HOPE you're not another "HYPOCRITE"!!!

PS,

My "threadline had (56 PAGES) "!!! aka:" SETTING MFJ STAIGHT!!!" & if mine was SO BAD THEN WHY WAS IT LET IT CONTINUE???
    SOMEONE DID!!! Isn't this a forum to tell the good OR the bad about anything related to our HOBBY? Sure there's ALWAYS going to be "PRO & CON" & Ham Radio is no different, but if it's presented in a CIVIL MANNER DISSENT IS PROPER & CALLED FOR!!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    W4KVW likes this.
  12. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Watt ? :confused:

13. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My kitchen table has one short leg.

W4KVW likes this.
  14. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What exactly is this "POS" thing you speak of?

15. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Regardless of the exact QUANTITY of the total of legs on aforementioned table, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you attempt the problem by "having a go" at shortening the remaining legs. The last and only time I succeeded at this, the 5 legged table was left in a state just high enough for the 5 and 6 year old to ave AN INCREDIBLE craft table! But, even THEY had a hard time squeezing their legs under it!