ad: Schulman-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 125 - Vacationing in Florida with D.E.A.R.S.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Jul 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (7/26) night at 9 pm Eastern on Ham Talk Live!, we are coming to you LIVE from Disney World! The good folks at D.E.A.R.S. are hosting us in their ham shack, and we will talk about vacationing in Florida with ham radio, and what D.E.A.R.S. does and their repeaters that are available while you visit the mouse!

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time (0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the call-in segment of the show, or by Skype. Our username is hamtalklive. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

Dears400test.jpg DEARS_QSL_card.JPG DEARSvan.jpg

MI0YLT, KD9FEK, KV4OP and 1 other person like this.
  2. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

STRAIGHT UP PAL!!!! RESPONSIBLE AND LONG TIME CAST MEMBERS...SUCH AS MYSELF >>>DO NOT WORK FOR A MOUSE!<<< I'VE BEEN A FULL AND PART TIME CAST MEMBER FOR OVER 30 YEARS IN ENTERTAINING THE LIKES OF YOU... IN ADDITION TO MY "DAY JOB!" THE LIKES OF >>>YOU<<< REFERRING TO MY LONG TIME EMPLOYER AS "THE MOUSE" IS BEYOND A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR EACH AND EVERY CAST MEMBER WHO FREQUENTLY HAS TO STRUGGLE TO MAKE EACH AND EVERY GUESTS EXPERIENCE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD A MEMORABLE ONE!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  3. WU3U

WU3U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have some long term cast member friends that in their words occasionally say they, “work for the mouse”. It’s a light hearted term, not something that you need to define yourself by. We all know that your boss is/was not an actual mouse.

In Walt’s own words, “I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse”. I’m pretty sure this was taught at Traditions when you were hired. As a Disney stock holder I can only hope that other cast members aren’t as on edge as you appear to be over a few words.

Have a Magical Day! Curt KC3HJP

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  4. W8BYH

W8BYH Ham Member QRZ Page

Agree. My daughter did two internships with DisneyWorld and it was very common (and not at all negative) to refer to yourself as 'working for the mouse'.

5. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have family and friends that work there or have worked there over the years in many different roles... from telecom to show performers. It's a tough gig. "Guests" can be rude as ever, and often just to get free stuff. I applaud all the cast members for their hard work and dedication.

6. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Couldn't find a real job hey?

K7BEN likes this.
  7. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K4XJ likes this.
  8. NB2A

NB2A Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked for ABC in New York and at times it was Mickey Mouse type operation. I am in no way offended by the humorous reference. I think you could use a Snickers.

K7BEN, KO4L and WB9VPG like this.
  9. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Boy!!! This thread went down the "TOILET" in a heck of a HURRY!!! Besides, if it wasn't for the "MOUSE" there wouldn't be "DISNEY in the fullest sense of the word"!!! But I STILL LOVE THE "MOUSE"!!!

10. K7BEN

K7BEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like you were there for about 29 years too many. Lighten up Francis.

K1FBI likes this.
  11. MI0YLT

MI0YLT Ham Member QRZ Page

D.E.A.R.S
    Was really lucky to attend a D.E.A.R.S meeting with my family at the casting studios of Disney in 2017
    It was absolutely brilliant there was a presentation by two sheriffs aswell,we all enjoyed it and were made very very welcome.
    The cartoons were excellent too
    We love are books, mugs, stickers, and tshirts
    Thanks such great bunch of hams