ad: Radclub22-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 119 - Bouvet Island Adventures with Ralph, K0IR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Jun 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday (6/14) at 9 pm Eastern on Ham Talk Live!, Dr. Ralph Fedor, K0IR, will be here to tell us about the adventures on the trip to Bouvet Island and back, and what the future may hold for their DXpedition plan. We will take your calls live, as usual, during the second half of the show.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time (0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the call-in segment of the show, or by Skype. Our username is hamtalklive. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

k0ir.jpg

K9SS, W1YW, NU4R and 1 other person like this.
  2. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can't imagine the disappointment of the entire team, Dr. Fedor! Glad you made it back safely! 73 sir!

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I like this one better ;-) And I wasn't there!

upload_2018-6-12_16-17-39.png

DJ4MM, K9SS and NU4R like this.
  4. ZS4RC

ZS4RC Ham Member QRZ Page

We all looked forward to work one of the most wanted islands in the world, but unfortunately mother nature had other plans. Glad you all made it back safely. Best 73's

F4HPX, K9SS, NU4R and 1 other person like this.
  5. AA5AZ

AA5AZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's good to hear the whole story. When they first got back, there wasn't a whole lot of information. This was quite detailed. Thanks!

WB9VPG likes this.
  6. N0AH

N0AH Ham Member QRZ Page

my last chance to work an ATNO to make honor roll- spent two years on grounding issues, antenna repair, a lot of money and time on station, etc.....this was going to be it for me in ham radio- - nothing new on the horizon for me and station somewhat dismantled- sucks-

7. W2HL

W2HL Ham Member QRZ Page

No fast food restaurants anywhere around on the island must be a good place.

8. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ugh