ad: portazero-1

CATSync V1.1 - Next major release, with revolutionary new feature

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

CATSync V1.1 - Next major release, with revolutionary new feature

Oscar, DJ0MY, has just released a major version release of his CATSync software

CATSync allows the user to control public WebSDR receivers with a real rig connected via CAT. It supports the classical Web-SDR servers as well as the newer Kiwi SDR servers publically available on the internet.

This gives you access to dozens of web based receivers around the world with the comfort of tuning your rig at home.

This software helps you to bring you back into the fun of ham radio, for example when you are suffering from local temporary or permanent high noise levels in an urban QTH location.

Since it's initial release the software was greatly enhanced with additional features mainly based on user feedback.

The new revolutionary "Click + Tune" feature let's you now use the software for bidirectional control.

The previous versions only allowed to control the WebSDR servers via your rig, but not vice-versa.

The new version will now also control your rig, by clicking on a frequency on the WebSDR waterfall (or KiwiSDR).

Also changing the mode on the WebSDR buttons will make your radio change into the same mode in realtime.

This basically allows you to use a WebSDR as if it is a panadapter connected to your radio.

For rigs that support separate control of RX/TX VFO (not all rigs do) via CAT it is also possible to click and tune the TX VFO (instead of the RX VFO) and automatically enable one-click split operation.

For more information visit the author’s website: https://catsyncsdr.wordpress.com/

See a new YouTube video of CATSync V1.10 in action:

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/20...or-release-with-revolutionary-new-feature.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

N7ECV and ON3CQ like this.
  2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

News or advertisement?

G7ENA, W6ERM, K2NCC and 1 other person like this.
  3. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

did someone say cat-sink? :)

Ahhhhh_The_Sink_Cat.jpg

WZ4K, KC8YXA, WN1MB and 13 others like this.
  4. K7JQA

K7JQA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha ha ha ha! Good one!

5. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

Man...what were you sinking?:D

6. PD5DJ

PD5DJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have tried the demo, hmmmm.
    How on earth can you be made interested to buy software if you can not actualy tune in the demo!?!?!
    That's bad for advertisement.
    I had at least expected a trial period or something..

The idea is fun, but now I dont have any idea how this will work in real life. just a gues. and guesses dont sell

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018