ad: CQMM-1

Jim Linton VK3PC SK

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Feb 22, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim Linton VK3PC SK

ARRL report the chair of the International Amateur Radio Union Region 3 Disaster Communications Committee, Jim Linton, VK3PC, of Forest Hill, Victoria, Australia, died on February 22 of thyroid cancer

[​IMG]

The ARRL say:

For many years, Linton was a consistent and reliable source of news and information regarding Amateur Radio disaster response activities in IARU Region 3 and was a regular contributor to Southgate Amateur Radio News.

A Life Member of the Wireless Institute of Australia (WIA), Linton received the G.A. Taylor Medal in 2011, the WIA’s highest honor, for his service to the WIA Centenary Committee and contributions to Amateur Radio over many years. Linton was involved in WIA’s communications, marketing, and publications efforts, and he served as the news editor for Amateur Radio magazine. He was a past president of Amateur Radio Victoria and was its public relations officer.

A veteran radio enthusiast, Linton joined the WIA as a teenager and shortwave listener. IARU Secretary David Sumner, K1ZZ, called Linton, “a tireless worker for the common good.”

Source ARRL
    http://www.arrl.org/news/view/iaru-...nications-committee-chair-jim-linton-vk3pc-sk

I am really shocked and saddened to hear this news.
    Jim had been a regular contributor to this website for over ten years, and throughout that time, always displayed the utmost dedication and professionalism in everything he did.
    He will be sorely missed, not only by us, but more importantly, by amateur radio in general. The Amateur Radio community has lost a true friend and champion.
    God bless you Jim - may you rest in peace.

Richard G4TUT
    Southgate Amateur Radio News

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2018/february/jim-linton-vk3pc-sk.htm

KE0OAP and K5VPC like this.
  2. GM6BAO

GM6BAO Ham Member QRZ Page

So sad to hear of the passing of Jim VK3PC, I met him in 2015 whilst on a family visit to Melbourne ,I represented our club Ayr Amateur Radio Group in presenting Kevin VK2CE the IILW organiser with an inscribed "Scottish Quaich " for his excellent managing of the ILLW events over the years.
    Jim co-ordinated the meeting and publicity ,I was very impressed with the way Jim handled everything in a friendly and professional way.RIP

Tony GM6BAO
    A.A.R.G Treasurer

VK3NCC and VK4FDJL like this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Condolences all around :(

W1YW likes this.
  4. RA3PS

RA3PS Ham Member QRZ Page

вечного полета в эфире

5. SP6AE

SP6AE Ham Member QRZ Page

(i) (i) (i)

6. N5VAF

N5VAF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Requiescat in pace

7. SP7SMF

SP7SMF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

very sad news ..its a great guy ,friendly and always happy.
    God bless you Jim - may you rest in peace.Condolences to the family

8. IZ2SDK

IZ2SDK Ham Member QRZ Page

R.I.I DEAR FRIEND

9. IZ2SDK

IZ2SDK Ham Member QRZ Page

10. RA4CLU

RA4CLU Ham Member QRZ Page

Пусть земля ему будет пухом. Царствие небесное тебе наш друг

11. RC1TB

RC1TB Ham Member QRZ Page

Покойся с миром, всегда будем помнить.