ad: LZQSLprint-1

6 Meter BBQ by DXE & FlexRadio Systems

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5KV, Oct 2, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A Texas sized thank you to FlexRadio Systems & DX Engineering for holding the 6 Meter BBQ this year. An exciting event unlike others I have attended thus far. I was absolutely blown away by the level of commitment of these 6m operators, and the level of complexity that some of their stations have!

An event that will become a regular for me, and hopefully others after I share the information presented here at this event. I walked away learning quite a bit from these presentations. I'm new when it comes to 6 meters, but this has definitely spurred some interest, as the size for some 6 meter antennas will work relatively well on my small city lot!

Please enjoy this series of videos filmed at the 6 meter BBQ this year, held at the beautiful Lone Star Court @ the Domain, in Austin, TX.

Mr. Duffy announced that the slides will be uploaded shortly to the 6 meter BBQ website www.sixmeterbbq.com, and the dates for the next 6 meter BBQ will be announced shortly after the first of the year, so mark your calendars now for (next September?).

I split it up into several videos rather than having one that was several hours long so you can easily find each topic. :)

73 from SignalSearch/K5ACL

NL7W, K5JM, AK5B and 2 others like this.
  2. WB8LBZ/SK2023

WB8LBZ/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your efforts. The acoustics of the room and microphone levels made it difficult to hear all the time. I must be getting old.

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

3. K0PG

K0PG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. It was great to watch and listen, but I bet that you had an even greater time being there. I am eager to see your video about setting up your 6 meter station.

4. K3SSB

K3SSB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The information is of interest... however, I couldn't listen to the audio track for more than a few minutes. A headache producing effort.

5. W5KV

W5KV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Apologize for the audio, we realized about halfway through the hotel staff had the speaker turned towards the wall.

Slides should be uploaded to the 6m BBQ website shortly.

Thanks.

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I
    I Just got back on 6 meters this summer after (too many) decades of not being on. Tis a wonderful band and even more wonderful now that Channel 2 is no longer around. :)

K3RW, AK5B, XE2OR and 1 other person like this.