ad: AbAuRe-1

Ham Radio 360: Workbench -32 Frequency References w/K4FMH

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4CDN, Sep 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4CDN

K4CDN Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you curious about what the “10 MHz” connector on the back of your test equipment does? Interested in calibrating an SDR to reduce tuning error? Do you want an accurate frequency source for tuning radios? How about a super accurate sense of what time it is?

In this Episode of the Workbench Podcast, Dr. Frank Howell K4FMH joins Jeremy and George to talk about GPS Disciplined Oscillators and Frequency References for your workbench..

Listen Link Here

[​IMG]

Show Notes, Links, Mentions and More Here

2. N3YKF

N3YKF QRZ Member QRZ Page

They are fun to build. Oooodles of learning. Too bad the Shera designs' parts are unobtainium. Plans for many flavors of these devices around now using the Arduino. Some better than others. HP 10811a-60111 oscillators are still available and well worth the time.

Deep but very interesting hole to dive down.

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two is never sure.

K4CDN likes this.
  3. N6ALT

N6ALT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I built one based on the QRP Labs Progrock module paired with a UBlox Neo 6M GPS module all mounted in a nice Hammond Black enclosure with a cool blue lock LED and SMA connectors for 10Mhz and 1 PPS outputs. I also built a LPF so I can have a square wave or a sine wave output. I use the 10Mhz output to clock my Agilent 5384A frequency counter for 0.1ppm accuracy. The whole thing was fun to build and only cost about $48.00. It's not a Rubidium standard, but it didn't cost what they do either.

Joel
    N6ALT

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    K4CDN likes this.