ad: CQMM-1

SDR-Console v3 with the SDRplay RSP-1 & RSP-2

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD2KOG, Sep 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD2KOG

KD2KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all!

Starting a new series of how-to videos covering SDR-Console v3 using the RSP-1/RSP-2 SDR from SDRplay.

KD2KOG

KD4MOJ, NL7W, N7ZV and 5 others like this.
  2. WB8LBZ/SK2023

WB8LBZ/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

I skipped the video, sorry. I have tried SDR-Console V3 with the RSP-1, HackRF-One and the Lime SDR. Simon (Ham Radio Deluxe fame) has a winner, this program rocks. I'm waiting for the release with the Anan-8000. This software just rocks.

Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

W5KV and NL7W like this.
  3. KD2KIQ

KD2KIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a fantastic app, with tons of features, and the UI is well laid out. I just got an RSP2 the other day, and it's nice to have different software to experiment with. Thanks for the video; I look forward to more in the future!

NL7W likes this.
  4. KC0QG

KC0QG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks so much for this excellent video. I am totally new to SDR but I'm amazed at the functionality of this system. I will have to do some research as to most desirable hardware. Might there be comparative reviews on the various sticks?

5. K3ETD

K3ETD Ham Member QRZ Page

good video, I'll be looking for the next one

6. N8KIM

N8KIM Ham Member QRZ Page

7. N8KIM

N8KIM Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent, may I make a suggestion?
    Volume is a little low for us in noisy environs.
    Thanks.

8. KD2KOG

Thank you for all the positive comments and suggestions. I will double check the input volume of the external sound card.

9. G6YZC

G6YZC Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running SDR Console V3 with Anan TX/RX and I highly recommend it. I love the ease with which settings can be changed and the detail that I see in the waterfall compared with other very good software that I have ran with my ANAN on TX/RX. That is not to take anything away from the other software as both of the others are excellent pieces of software and have all of their TX options open. Simon is still working on a few more of the TX options. I just think Simon has found a little extra in the RX side and I am sure the others will catch up at some point. Indeed I am sure the makers of the big SDR radio in the USA are looking at SDR Console version 3 and asking how they can make their software RX as good as Simon's does. Again I am sure they will work out how to and wish them the best of luck in doing so.

Paul N2EME

10. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I bought the SDR Pro2 using Console V3.

That is one neat receiver.

I compared with my Kenwood 590S receive with the SDR PRO2.

The SDR Pro2 receiver was able to provide higher quality receive (SSB) than the Kenwood 590S. The key was using the NR feature.

Although the Kenwodd 590s has the NR feature as well, the SDR Pro2 was able to eliminate more noise than Kenwood 590s.

In my location, plenty of noise! (Suburbs).

Of course the having a spectrum analyzer on hand, from DC to Day light (2 GHZ) is nice feature!.

W5KV likes this.
  11. KD2KOG

NN2X Happy to read you like the RSP-2. I also have to deal with a massive amount of RFI. Just look me up and you will see. The 590 has a DRV port... Do you have the RSP-2 connected to the rig?

12. SE3X

SE3X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pse remember the DRV port is only on the TS-590SG, not the older 590S.

Having the RSP1 together with my 590SG, that's one heck of a nice combination. Next stop at home QTH I will upgrade SW to the SDR-Console V3 and try it out.

13. GW4NFJ

GW4NFJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have installed the SDRConsole V2.3. The program runs and I can access remote connections, but the dongle I have connected is not in the dropdown on the Radio Definitions window. I've tried all the default ones without any success. It's a NooElec R820T., which works OK on other SDR applications, like HDSDR.

Is there a work around to get this dongle to work please? If not, and I decide to buy another SDR, how can I check if its compatable before I buy it?

Thanks
    Pete

14. KD2KOG

15. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Make sure to keep lots of backups of the installers while the program is still free. That way you can still use it in new installations if he decides to sell this software to another non-responsive company that mistreats its customers. :oops: