ad: ProAudio-1

Xiegu X108G Rig Control HRD and PSK31/RTTY/JT65/FT-8

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Aug 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ4YZI

KJ4YZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Here I am showing the connections from this radio to your computer, a really easy cheap cable to make, and how to connect it through HRD or other favorite digital mode software.

SUBSCRIBE to HamRadioConcepts
    COMMENTS and LIKES on the video are AWESOME!

Attached Files:

KE4YMX and KG7A/SK2022 like this.
  2. KC1AIH

KC1AIH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have used the x108g with a signalink usb. PSK31, 64, RTTY,and Olivia, with good success. The one major thing to remember is that digital modes are 100% duty cycle. This radio tends to heat up under this condition. Heat is the enemy of all things electronic.

KK5R, KC7TTT and KG7A/SK2022 like this.
  3. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a LENOVO S 100 and a mfj 1275 for digital in the car and I just downloaded the software and installed and away I go!!!! it works wonderful. The audio from the radio ( kenwood ts440s ) has to be just right and then it will decode. What ever works for you.

4. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

I also have an X108G and have read how the radio heats up when cranked up full bore and using digital modes. Therefore, I adjust the output power to 15W and have no problem with heat. The person on the receiving end won't notice the difference in power levels, especially on digital modes where lower power is to me part of the interest in the system.

By the way, the Yaesu 65W 2M FM FT-2800M gets blazing hot after a few minutes use and outside of discomfort when touching, they continue to work... I don't like it though and prefer that a radio gets little more than a healthy warm.

The old axiom in transformers in power supply design used to be that if you run them hot, they are more economical copper-and-iron-wise. In other words, if they're cool when operating, you used too much iron and copper. The rule was that if you could put your finger on the transformer and count 1001, 1002,1003 without screaming, then it was not too hot. This from a friend who worked for a transformer and choke company in Cincinnati as a design engineer and has a MS in both physics and electronics.