ad: Radclub22-1

Kenwood TH-D74 Video Series – Complete Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Jul 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Below you will find a video series about the Kenwood TH-D74, all in 4K resolution. It includes the review, cover the programming software, the control software, the firmware upgrade and the audio EQ. Hope you enjoy and please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you for your support.

73 Pascal VA2PV

Kenwood TH-D74 - Review and Quick Tour

Kenwood TH-D74 - How to program with the MCP-D74 free software

Kenwood TH-D74 Firmware Upgrade

Kenwood TH-D74 - D-Star and Analog FM audio with EQ off / on

ARFC-D74 - Kenwood TH-D74 Frequency Control Program + Bluetooth

Attached Files:

• EQ.jpg
      EQ.jpg
      File size:
      262.5 KB
      Views:
    N3DAW, K0PIR, IU0HMJ and 1 other person like this.
  2. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the old version of this radio. It worked very well, but I eventually got rid of it. The PTT button was too hard to push in for me. Is this radio the same?

Excellent videos Pascal.

3. VA2PV

Hi Rich, well I think it's soft but I really can't tell since I don't have the other to compare. 73 Pascal VA2PV

4. K8OI

K8OI QRZ Lifetime Member #60 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Pascal,
    I am running 1.06 and am not able to get a dplus gps link on the dashboard of my local gateway. I have all the gps settings enabled and am sending the GGA sentence- pretty much the exact same configuration as my ID-51. However, when I transmit with the kenwood, the dplus log on the gateway never "sees" a gps spot and does not create the google map URL for the dplus status page.

I do see the GPSGGA sentence in the dplus log, it's just that it doesn't seem to work.

The ID-51 shows the GPSGGA sentence and then shows a gps "spot" which works.

Any ideas? Does your kenwood display a gps link on your dplus dashboard ?

Thx K8OI

5. VA2PV

Hi Jim, I am not to familiar with this but the TH-D74 doesn't support DPRS (APRS via D-Star), but it support APRS on the second VFO. 73 Pascal VA2PV

6. N2XJS

N2XJS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Videos Pascal! Thank you for taking the time to make them and post them for all to see.

73...all the best!
    Tony - N2XJS

7. W8QAS

W8QAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Just awesome!!!! Thanks for your effort!